Chapter 25 - Amani

I tried to forget the fact that Safiya had fallen for Yazid but I couldn't, the thought just kept coming into my mind and Ya Hamid wasn't helpful at all!

I wanted him to support me but... anyways, it wasn't as if there was any other guy in Safiya's life that we could ask her to bring forth.

Today after talking thoroughly about the issue with Ya Hamid, he asked if I could call her so we could discuss it with Yazid himself.

Well I told him no problem, even though I didn't like the idea but what could I do? He had already started looking at me somehow whenever I castigate Yazid not knowing I was only concerned about my cousin sister getting married to the wrong person.

After summoning Safiya, Ya Hamid called on Yazid. The whole thing sounded funny, you would think it was a formal introduction or something.

Ya Hamid asked them to sit in the armchairs but they refused, they sat on the floor with their heads down. I and my husband, however, sat in a sofa facing them. They were then thoroughly interrogated and guess what? They responded each and every question thrown upon them.

Both Ya Hamid and I learned that they never knew they were in love with each other but they knew they had feelings for one another.

After the interrogation, Ya Hamid told Yazid to go...that if there is something more he would call him. Safiya, however was further interrogated as to if really she's interested in marrying Yazid.

I don't need to tell you what her responses were the fact that you already know what the crazy girl will say. She was blindly in love with him, you know?. What did she even saw in him? Not that he was handsome or something.

When Safiya left, Ya Hamid made few calls to our family house concerning the matter. He wasn't happy with the response he received from them hence he took his car keys and left. I tried to stop him but he just left!

If I were him, I wouldn't bother myself this much... after all there was no need for a rush. But you know, my husband was the type that you can't make him see reason, you can only pray he does.

When he returned back, he bought a bouquet of flowers for me. I was in the kitchen preparing dinner when he hugged me from the back and started kissing me from the neck down to my shoulder.

"Ya Hamid," I tried to stop him but his grip was tight. "Ya Hamid, I am cooking o!" I reminded him.

"Okay, okay..." He stopped and gently pulled away from me. "Here," he took the flowers from the stool where he placed them and handed them over to me. "Hope you like them?" He said.

"Well," I sniffed them. "Hmm...they smell nice" I beamed at him.

"Just like you, you smell nice too" he said making me to chuckle. "Yeah," he continued. "By the way it's been quite some days since we..."

"Not now please Ya Hamid, I am busy gaskiya" I cut in annoyingly as he gently stepped closer to me.

"Alright, I will wait" He said as he stepped back, dragged the stool in the kitchen and sat on it. "I really have lots of energy in me that needs to be released that's why"

"Ew, disgusting!" I said and quickly turned to continue with my work.

"What's disgusting?" He asked.

"You know what I mean" I muttered.

"The energy?" He said laughing out loud. "Well, you don't need to see it. I will push it straight to where it belongs, inside you and..."

"Ya Hamid please stop, unless you want me to throw up here" I cut him offguard trying all my best not to sound rude.

"Hmm, okay... sorry!" He said and changed the topic. "I talked to Yaya Tanko"

"And what did he said?" I asked out of curiosity.

"He said it's fine, as long as I would take all the responsibilities. But Baba Sagir is not happy at all, I really don't know but I think I will involve our parents into this" He heaved a sigh.

"My love, just take things easy please" I glanced at him. "Rushing things won't be good for even Safiya and Yazid, you need to be cautious of what you do"

"How?" He asked and quickly continued before I could even answer him. "You know if we don't do things fast, she's going to end up with Badamasi. I am sure of that!"

"Never!" I exclaimed.

"Then we must act fast" He said making me to sigh.

"Okay then" I muttered.

After preparing dinner, we ate in the kitchen before heading upstairs. You don't need to know what happened after that but having a man like Ya Hamid is just not easy, are men always like that?

The following day we had visitors from our family house. It was Yaya Tanko and his wife, they came to talk about Safiya and to also see Yazid.

Ya Hamid called on Yazid, they talked and talked for like forever.

Yaya Tanko was also okay with Yazid just like Ya Hamid was okay with him. He told us he feared that Baba Sagir will secretly marry Safiya off to Badamasi hence he suggested Yazid should present his people as soon as possible.

After the discussion, they left and the next thing Ya Hamid did was to send Yazid home to his parents. "Tell them everything, and tell them I am in support and I will try my best to make things bpossible" He said to him.

"Alright, thank you sir" Yazid joyfully said and left.

Thus, Ya Hamid looked at me and sighed. "With every success comes a greater test. Just few days ago I was thinking about opening another branch in Bosso for our business, but now I think that has to wait. I need to support Yazid" He said.

"Okay, just becareful how you use that money. It's huge and I wouldn't advise you to waste it on unnecessary things. Whatever you do with the money, make sure it's something you can expect monetary return from" I said ironically but somehow he got the message.

He smiled and looked at me mischievously. "Sometimes I used to wonder whose side you are on, ours or Baba Sagir's" He said and continued. "If you are on nobody's side, you don't need to say anything... Amani"

***************

Swipe down for new update...