August 1st

But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2 Timothy 3:10‭-‬12 KJV

Comment:
As Christians, we shall always be persecuted as Christ was. We must pick up our crosses and follow him and that includes many persecutions. But Paul is giving us an example in verse 10.

During Paul's persecutions he kept his faith, he was longsuffering, and he kept showing love and patience. Even though he was being persecuted.

Today, we don't have much persecution in the form as it was back then except in a few countries where religion or Christianity is banned. Our persecution is different.

We must stand in a world that is filled woth evil and corruptness. And now more than ever does the world accept sin with open arms. Making sinful deeds legal. And we must abide in this world as odd balls because we do not conform to these things. Instead of them being the odd ones, we are.

But as Matthew 5:9-11 said, blessed are us that are persecuted and when the world says all manner of evil against us. Christ says to be as Paul was, rejoicing!

I once heard that the Beatitudes of Matthew 5 are a map to God. And now anytime I read them I see what that means. When you fall into the category of the Beatitudes you can know you are on the trail to God.

So, when we are persecuted know that it is because Christ and many prophets before us were persecuted and from this persecution, we know that we live Godly in Christ and are of God.

So let us be patient, longsuffering, keeping the faith and showing love as Paul did. Knowing that the Kingdom of Heaven is our reward.

~Grace