EIGHTEEN

I stood up after pulling my mask back on, brushing away the debris of anything on my clothes. On my way toward the commotion, I grabbed my blades from the floorboards, watching Aguni stand in a calmly manner.

"He's not the witch dumbasses!" I yelled, walking past Aguni and toward Arisu. I gave both Usagi and Arisu paper towels to wipe their faces down after the blows. They looked at me with gratitude.

"She's right, Aguni is not the witch!" Arisu backed me up. He started to reason with the new leader, spilling out the truth of his story and the answer to the game.

I don't know if Arisu did good or not since he got beat right after spilling everything...

I watched as people tried to attack Aguni and in the midst of the chaos, I made eye contact with him. I gave him a subtle bow in respect by a nod of my head. His eyes turned glossy as he struggled against the others.

I zoned out for the rest of the time, not even noticing Kuina's and Ann's arrival. Although when Niragi came, it was something that couldn't be ignored. He fired shots everywhere, and Aguni took him down from what everyone could see.

Suddenly, a fire erupted from a section of the resort which made everyone hurry to get Momoka's body. I was sure they could complete this task, to burn her body, so I grabbed my bag and headed off.

Too much for one day. We know about dealers now, and we filled the plot holes of this so called paradise with Hatter and Aguni.

I walked up to the table that had the 10 of hearts card on it. Waiting for a certain male and female, they didn't take long to finally get to the spot. I was fairly happy to see my hat in good shape.

"Eventful day, was it not?" I commented with a grin. Chishiya smirked before grabbing the card, running it through his fingers.

"Indeed. I started to think that it was pointless to collect all the playing cards." He expressed with Kuina right behind him. She crossed her arms and smiled at me.

"Say what?" She responded.

"But with this, we got everything except for the face cards, but I wonder what the management team of the game wants us to see." I chuckled and walked past them, heading to who knows where. The other two followed behind me, so I guess I won't be alone for a while.

"Curiosity killed the Cheshire Cat, Chishiya." I laughed. I just know he rolled his eyes at that one. Taking off my mask, I let out a deep breath, finally not being oxygen deprived.

We all walked out of the vicinity in silence, a comfortable one at least I hope. It was fairly close to midnight. With nowhere to go, we wandered the streets as the flames from the resort lit up our path, even from afar. The streets should be familiar to me, but even now, they looked abandoned and different.

Chishiya somehow took the lead, knowing where to go after all that. On the contrary, Kuina looked conflicted, almost like something was still bothering her. Of course, I had a feeling that she was going to split from us.

[

"Hey, [Y/N]?" Kuina spoke up all of a sudden. We were in her room, chatting mindlessly about random things. Doing this to pass time and to catch a break from Chishiya's plan. There was a moment of silence before she got slightly serious.