21

"Cheers to her for lying to all you for all this time."

Terror and disgust rippled through the crowd, Jungwon's clench on your hand tightening into a fist. You were now thankful for the mask you had on, the people beside and behind you cussing you out with no clue who was next to them. Jaeyun immediately stepped forward, giving Sunoo an abrupt push on the shoulder,
"You cannot claim anything without proof."

"Of course the man with rumours of sleeping with the princess would defend such accusations about her," Sunoo laughed, taking a sip with an assertive demeanour, "The proof is right before our eyes."

Jaeyun made a confounded face, everyone including yourself refocusing upon the stage,
"You're trying to frame the princess with a lack of evidence, don't do this."

"Frame her?" Sunoo approached Jaeyun with a slow stride, "The evidence is you," He slid his fingers through the collar of Jaeyun's suited jacket, the tainted skin being revealed into the naked eye of the crowd, "You think I wouldn't notice it?"

Jaeyun froze with no life in his eyes, his hand too late in concealing the scarred flesh.

"Don't worry Jaeyun... She must be threatening to kill you but don't worry, we've got a special place for her, don't we?" Sunoo blatantly twisted up the situation, the crowd getting riled up with new forms of resentment. 

"We shall hunt her tonight then," Riki denounced, going into the full centre of the stage to create an assembled crowd of violent chanting, "We can't let these monsters get away with such crime."

The streets gradually reached a dangerously quiet frequency, with fewer and fewer people going home out of fear both Riki and Sunoo sparked.

In an alleyway far from the heart of the town, you messily cried to him, "Jungwon, w-what do I do? How am I supposed to live in this world now?! Where do I go?!" You were unable to handle the waking of such emotions, choking up on your panic. But before he can respond, you rip Jungwon's forearm to attach yourselves against a wall, sensing people around. 

"That witch, she's hiding isn't she?" Riki complained to Sunghoon, slamming a hard fist against a random pile of rubble, "I'll send some guards to search the kingdom, we can't let her get away. Search everyone and require them to remove their eyewear." He instructed, Sunghoon nervously agreeing and splitting paths. 

You're on the verge of huffing for air, not daring to breathe as you flatten yourself as much as possible. Once the boys leave your senses, you can't help collapse on your knees with arms fencing around your face,
"Jungwon... Should I just turn myself in? I might end up running my entire life."

"You'll go through... Who knows how many series of torture and punishments," Jungwon bent down beside you to tug apart your arms, "Princess there is no time to discuss this, we need to go. We cannot stay in this alleyway nor these streets, I'm certain there's a lodge nearby. Let's go while there are some people still outside." He lifted you off the ground, taking up your hands to drag you down the silent streets. 

The bright festival was now dull and abandon with just a few merchants packing up. If it weren't for the yellow glow of the windowpanes or the blazing red moon, your vision would've been engulfed by total darkness. You couldn't care less if you were caught along the way, not even bothering to look anywhere but where your dress met the pavement. You were being pulled like a ragdoll by Jungwon, feet aching with speedy harsh steps against the uneven gravel.

Checking in at a random rundown lodge, the person at the front desk is taken a bit off guard, "Why... Welcome! I figured I'd have guests tonight."