19

WARNING: This chapter gets a bit dark, proceed carefully if triggered by mentions of death and/or killing

Your heels softly tap down against the glass-like staircase with all eyes and ghostly chatter over you. The gossip around was jarring, all somewhat inaudible but clearly in regards to you. Riki had made you the talk of the town just overnight, taking a sighting way out of context.

"And what foolish claims might you make this early in the morning?" You strut, court ladies on either side of you.

"I witnessed it with my own eyes, you slept with my brother last night," Riki spat, the whole room watching you two dual it out, absorbing everything they heard, "Quite informal for our first night here, don't you think so yourself?"

"This is absolute nonsense, you cannot make up such like this."

"Are you calling me a liar, your majesty? Am I mistaken that Prince Jaeyun didn't go into your room during the late evening?"

Gasps could be heard causing your frustrations to arise. How could you explain what really went on behind that door?
"This is a misunderstanding, we did not sleep together we were having a private conversation."

"And what might this 'private conversation' be about?" He snickered to himself, smiling like the devil. It was like he knew he was getting you into trouble, "Could it be related to the mere fact he accused you of being a vampire as well?" 

The word vampire bounced off the lips of the crowds of people including your court ladies who looked mortified by the noun.

"Vampire? Don't make me laugh. You have no proof nor evidence," You defended, easing yourself close to warn him, "Don't make lies about me or interfere with my privacy."

"Privacy? Being a vampire is not private information your majesty. If you need proof I'll kindly find it and send you straight to hell where you belong."

...

Pulling Jaeyun aside, you ensured not a single soul was in close distance to address the controversy spiralling,
"This is so bad Jaeyun holy shit! Do you hear what is going on about us?"

"That we slept together?! That kid Riki... My god... He's an even bigger brat in this world..." He muttered just as anxious as you.

"He suspects I'm a vampire after overhearing us and now that rumour is going around the kingdom..."

"You've got to be joking right now... Y/N I'm serious but people cannot find out you're a vampire here, no matter what." He emphasized, more distressed than ever, "If people find out the whole kingdom will be after you."

"After me?! What do you mean after me?!"

"Shit... It's the hierarchy here, if they find out the royal blood is tainted by vampire blood who knows what will happen to you. This situation is getting way out of hand y/n..."

"So if they find out I'm a vampire I'm practically screwed?"

"That's why if Jungwon kills you and you're trapped here forever you'll have to either keep up the lie or in a worst-case scenario people find out and you'll be hunted down for the rest of your life."

"Well, not to alarm you but Riki is on my fucking tail! I provoked him and now he'll probably tear this castle down for evidence."