02

♪ I always recommend playing the music I put above to match the mood. happy readings!  ♪ 

I

That night you got no sleep thinking about Lee Heeseung. Even though the encounter was a bit weird, you were restless and totally head over heels for the guy. It was as if he had cast a spell on you as you're tossing and turning at the scent of vanilla that filled his clothes, a fragrance that just didn't seem to leave your senses. With such unforgettable eye contact, you were finally starting to understand why girls were so attracted to him. But what really left you wondering late at night was how Jungwon had told you to stay away from him. 

You shifted on your side, trying to blind the moonlight that seeped through your eyelids when you hear it.

A cry from the outside is scorching through the thick walls of your dorm. It never made sense as to how only you heard these cries at night, they were always blaring in your ears. Even when you'd ask your roommates the following morning, they would hear absolutely nothing but heavy gusts of night wind swaying past their window. Being the only to hear it paranoid you more, were you going mentally insane? Your room was the only one to be in the far north wing, closest to the direction of the woods. The screams evoked feelings of horrid pain.

What was going on deep beyond the boundary?

II

You catch Jungwon reading at an empty table as you scorch across the dining hall the following morning. You usually sat with your roommates for morning tea but that's only because you'd never run into Jungwon in the mornings. At least not these days.

"How's your condition today?" Jungwon glanced up at you as you pulled out the opposing seat from his.

"Well, this is fine," You lift your wrapped hand into clear view, "but my head still kind of hurts...? Then again, I couldn't sleep at all last night."  You admit while folding your arms into a pillow for yourself.

He remained silent.

"Do you usually eat breakfast alone? This is the first time I've spotted you around breakfast time."

"No, I just needed a quieter place this morning? My roommates are kind of loud..." He dozed off while reaching over to fiddle with your nicely bandaged up hand, losing total interest in his book, "I'm actually roommates with Heeseung..."  

"Heeseung?! REALLY?" Your excitement was plastered all over your face. 

"Mhm." He scrunched his eyes closed in a big idea as to where the conversation was heading by the way you responded.

"Tell me more about him..." You were usually a bit more modest about who you were interested in but Jungwon wasn't someone you were afraid of knowing.

"I told you to stay away from him. He's no good."

"Why do you assume I'm gonna be all over him by asking you for some basic information about him? I'm just curious..." 

"Are you not freaked out over what he did?" 

"What? Lick my blood?" You laughed recalling the bizarre situation, "It was weird but also sort of attractive?" You shyly said, confused by your own words.

"Attractive? Your standards are literally a foot-deep into a garbage can."

"HEY! It's not that, he's just oozing with attractiveness... Everything he does looks cool... I don't expect you to understand anyways!"