21

A/N: Hi everyone! Here's the first bit of Second Year. Enjoy!

~ Charley

Summer at home was wonderful. Of course, I missed the castle, but it was lovely to be back inside our familiar walls. I'd missed our old bedroom and just being back in the same room as Luna made me happy. Without school to occupy my time, I had a lot of extra hours left in the days. I set about trying to train Phineas to do small tricks and succeeded in getting him to hop around on his hind legs and rolling over. Even so, Luna and I were still quite bored. We would go pick flowers and fruit from the surrounding woods, but we missed Hogwarts.

As summer dragged on, we received a few letters from our friends, but we still missed them terribly. It was nighttime when it happened. I was sleeping comfortably when Luna shook me awake.

"Y/n! There's something on the roof!"

I sat up groggily and tilted my head to look up through the skylight. A light, much brighter than the moon, was pouring down through the window. A strange hum filled the air.

"What in Merlin-?" A silhouette of a head popped into the frame of bright light.

"Oy! Y/n? Luna?"

"Ron?" Luna wondered.

I grabbed the ladder that leaned against our wall and propped it up to the skylight. As I climbed the rungs, Ronald Weasley's face became clearer and clearer against the bright light behind him. When I opened the window and stepped out onto the roof, I saw a car, headlights glaringly bright.

"Ron, what are you doing here?"

"Who's car is that?" Asked Luna from behind me.

"It's my dads, he doesn't know we have it,"

"We?" I asked. Two familiar, identical faces popped out from the front seat of the car.

"Hi Y/n, Luna," Fred called

"Lovely evening," George added.

A third head popped out from the backseat

"Harry?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, hi,"

"What are you doing here?"

"Harry's aunt and uncle-"

"-Were treating him terribly," explained the twins.

"So, we went and got him. And now we're here for you as well!" Ron finished.

"Ronald, do you realize that it is the middle of the night?" I asked.

"Well, how else are you going to be able to come and stay with us? We have to sneak you out,"