Just a little while later

As promised, Fury comes to pick me up the next day. We board a plane that will take us to the helicarrier in the sky. Fury tells me the exact plan of what is going to happen. He wants to speak with Loki first, then he will introduce me to the team. I agree to wait for his signal before coming in, so none of the Avengers would get suspicious.

When our plane lands on top of the helicarrier, I wait and watch Fury hurry inside. The pilot has an earpiece, so he will tell me when I am allowed to go in. I sigh and look around. I was a simple person back in Asgard, but here I am special. I remember that I wanted to go home all of these years ago when I thought I had lost Steve and James. I haven't thought about them or my home in twenty-five years because of Hydra. Now, sitting here on Earth, I miss it more than ever. I miss Thor. And Odin. And Frigga. And I miss Loki. I still can't believe he is supposed to be in there, not far away from me. There used to be worlds between us, now only a few feet? It seems ridiculous. And Steve... Steve, who I have thought dead... here... on the same ship as Loki and myself. The files that Coulson has given us stated that Steve had been on ice for all these years, which explained why he is still so young. I remember the good food at Asgard and the people there-

"Black Mamba, you can go in now," the pilot says, stopping my thoughts.

I pull myself together and leave the plane. I hurry inside and stop when a guard with another earpiece advises me to. I hear the Avengers talk behind the corner. I recognize Natasha's voice and Steve's. And- I have to hold myself against the wall. Maybe I am hallucinating. Maybe I am just so nervous, and maybe I just miss home so much, but I think I heard Thor's voice. It is impossible. But... Loki is here, so why not Thor?

I barely listen to what any of them are saying until I hear Thor's voice again. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."

My knees feel weak. I don't want to wait anymore. I want to go in there. I want to see Thor and hug him. I want to see Steve.

"He killed eighty people in two days," Natasha says.

"He's adopted," Thor replies dryly, and I have to smile.

Then Tony Stark comes in with Phil Coulson. Then I hear footsteps. Fury appears behind me and nods. He walks in first while I have to wait a little longer.

"Listen up," Fury says, and everyone silences. "I have someone to add to the team."

I straighten up, tug a little at my tight black shirt, and arrange my hair. I want to look acceptable for when I would see Thor and Steve again.

"Stark, Romanoff, you have already met her." I grin at Fury's words. If only he knew. "We had to rewire some things in her brain, but she is top-notch, one of the best."

"What can she do?" Someone I think to be Dr. Banner asks.

"Oh, nothing special," Fury replies, and again, I have to grin.

"Care to elaborate?" Banner asks.

"Well, she is sort of like Rogers - superhuman strength and speed, she is a master assassin and trained by Hydra for twenty five years, she can fly and, well, she can do a bit of magic," Fury says.

I can imagine their jaws dropping all the way down to the floor.

"Oh, yes, that sounds like nothing special at all," Steve says.

"Adding to the team is Black Mamba," Fury says loudly, signalling me that I could come in. When I round the corner, Fury tells them my real name.

I don't look at anyone else but Steve and Thor. "Actually, Fury," I say, "not only Stark and Romanoff have met me."