4- the boy that got away

Letting go is the hardest part.

Leaving someone you love feels like your heart has been ripped in two. You can't do anything to stop the pain. Sometimes growing together can mean growing apart in the end.

Tears sting my bloodshot eyes as I sob about another boy who got away.

The boy that got away.

He practically ran from my greedy hands right as I attempted to grasp onto his heart. I wanted to hold his heart and take care of him, just as if he was the most fragile being in the universe.

Looks can be deceiving. He was quite the opposite of fragile to any extent that could be imagined.

His sky blue eyes hypnotized me anytime I would stare into them. The sky blue turned into a dark gray, and his vibrant eyes were no more. A storm was coming, and I was a victim to his powerful ways. I search deep into his eyes to observe if there is any hope left. I found nothing. There was no sunshine before the storm. It was all rain.

Chestnut Brown was precisely the color of his hair. Clean on the sides and wavy at the top; just as he likes it. He started changing his hair as he grew bored of me. His now longer hair with curls caught me by surprise. How could I possibly get over him when he looks so similar to the other fuck-boys in my small town? I loved him how he was, and by the influence of his newfound friends, he decided to change for them.

I loved him for who he was, but the person I fell in love with changed drastically day by day. He wasn't himself anymore.

His hands did not feel as loving as they felt before; his hands felt filthy and laced with sins along his knuckles. Although he got into some fights, I couldn't help but nurse him back to health after each incident. I still loved him.

His kiss did not feel the same; his kiss felt like poison and somehow I was immune. I knew that he kissed other girls while we were with one another, but maybe he meant the words he was saying to me.

"I love you," he says.

Each time those 3 words leave his mouth, I look down in guilt because I know it was never true.