six

06

06

I S A D O R A

How the heck am I supposed to live under the same roof with so many people I've cut off from my life?

Knowing the competition was bound to cost my sanity is one thing but living this very experience is another thing.

By the time contestants assemble at the villa's living area, I spot Feroze from a distance.

His gaze is fixated on me as he's in the company of Bryan, Palace, and some other contestants.

Despite Feroze's grin, I can't seem to shake off the countless thoughts running in my head.

It's ironic to find him here when we exchanged text messages days ago.

I don't miss the grim look on Bryan's face after he follows Feroze's gaze to meet mine.

Venom spews at the tip of my tongue as I instantly anchor my attention elsewhere.

Since I was told to join the other contestants at the beach earlier, I didn't have the time to admire the intricate details of the living area.

So now's my chance.

My inability to enjoy crowded spaces is evident as I fail to make conversation with any of the contestants.

Whereas, the majority have already acquainted with each other.

I don't miss the laughs and the endless enthusiastic chatters emitted from different groups.

"Why didn't you tell me you would compete on the show?"

I am summoned to reality once I pivot to decipher the source.

Feroze rears into view as he wears a playful expression.

Since the producers made me sign some non-disclosure agreements, I had to keep my appearance a secret.

Given the camcorders pointed in our direction, I have to ensure my response doesn't breach the contract.

Hence, I say, "I could ask you the same thing,"

Feroze scratches the back of his head, "I didn't think you'd care given your history with the show."

Feeling a rush of overwhelming emotions at once, I don't comment.

Suffering in silence is what I've learned to do for years.

And I don't see why I should do the opposite now.

As if sensing my distress, he suggests, "You should come and hang out with us. We'll be playing pool in the lounge room after this if you're ever interested."

My brows furrow.

I know Feroze means well but I'm not interested in chilling with his group of friends especially when the majority of them are fake.