deux

02

02

B R Y A N

"Bro, if you're ever thinking of selling this mansion, just remember one who'll gladly buy it for half a mili."

My face is apathetic as I inhale the smoke from the hose.

The vapor invades my lungs for a few seconds before escaping me.

Despite the blasting music of the high-end stereos invading the background noise, I manage to decipher the chuckles of Palace.

"I'm dead serious Medvedev," Feroze persists after blowing smoke rings, "I'm an eager candidate. . .just saying."

My forehead scrunches, "You're not getting a dime, capish?"

One of my pet peeves is being called by my last name.

Only one person had the privilege of addressing me by my last name.

Ridding myself of the thought, the hookah does its job at being a distraction.

Knowing I've expressed my annoyance on the matter on multiple occasions, I remain silent.

My gaze ends up shifting to the partygoers who seem to have the time of their lives downstairs.

Earlier, the boys suggested we lounge at the VIP section for a quick smoke break.

But with the way Feroze can't seem to shut up for a sec, I'm starting to regret my decision.

"You're a cocky motherfucker you know that?"

I ruffle my locks, "And proud."

Feroze has always been the talkative member of the group.

You would think a decade of being friends would've minimized my irritation but it's far from the case.

"Sometimes, I wonder why the heck we're friends," Feroze queries in a moment of puzzlement, "Oh right. . . I do it out of pity."

I snicker for the first time tonight, "Bastard."

He ends up sending a text on his phone as the blasting music persists.

"Can't believe filming starts in two weeks," Palace is the first to speak after what seems like hours, "Man, those challenges are going to be intense."

I shrug.

Sure challenges get intense every season but I've always loved the adrenaline that comes with the unexpected.

From skydiving to underwater challenges, I've done it all.

The producers are practically handing the prize money on a silver platter at this point.