Everythings Golden

1996

"Attention guests, the park will be closing in 15 minutes," The man in the speaker said.

"Ugh Jesse I don't want to leaveeeee," Winnie whined as she held is hand through the giant crowd at Disneyland.

"Who says we have to leave?" Jesse said with a smile, suddenly pulling her into a nearby bathroom.

Winnie looked into his eyes, and she suddenly shook her head. "Jesse," she whispered, "We can't just stay here!"

"Sure we can! He replied.

"And if we get caught?" She said, expecting his next response.

"Then we'll escape," He said as usual.

A sly look spread across Winnie's face as she said, "Let's find a good hiding spot then."

*

2005

"Jesse Tuck!" The voice of Mae said. "Winnie has just told me you purposefully stabbed yourself at a party to trick people."

"Damn it, Winnie," Jesse said, turning to her.

It was the decade annual Tuck family reunion and the whole family was there.

"Come on, I promised to tell your parents everything," Winnie said while smiling.

"That's it, you're sleeping on the couch tonight," He said while fake pouting. 

"Hey, that's my job!" She replied while grabbing a hot dog from the plate in front of them.

Before Jesse could respond, he heard a doorbell ring in the distance.

"Miles!" Mae said and went to the door to get him.

"Who's late now?" Jesse said as Miles walked in.

"Hey, that was 1893 alright, I made fun of you one time," Miles said as he shook his head.

"Jesse stop annoying your brother and come eat," Winnie said, impersonating Mae. 

Jesse begrudgingly went over to her. Why did Winnie always act differently at reunions? He'll never know.