21 - Forever Within Our Eternities

☻♡

☻♡

21 - Forever Within Our Eternities

Michael was bubbling up with excitement during the whole day. Last night Calum proposed that they go outside during the night and it's all Michael wanted in the moment.

It wasn't as good as being outside during the daytime, but it was as good as it would get for the vampire. He needed a breathe of fresh air. The smell of the outdoors and the feeling of dirt and grass under his shoes is what he needed.

It seemed like the day moved by as slow as it could. He was on edge, wishing it would suddenly be nighttime.

The vampire was ecstatic. When he heard the usual knock to his door, Michael rushed to the door and opened it himself instead of telling the demon to come inside.

"Are you ready?"

"You're an excited little thing. Aren't you?" Calum laughed out when he saw the impatience in the other's red eyes.

"I've been waiting since last night."

"I'm glad you're looking forward to this." Calum mentioned before starting their walk to the front door, "Because I am as well."

"You go outside all the time though. Don't you?" Michael asked while he walked next to the other.

"I do. But this is with you, so it's different. It's better."

Michael mutely nodded, understanding the other's feelings for him through his words.

In a matter of no time, the two made it to the main entrance. Michael watched while Calum opened the large doors, introducing the vampire to the much needed outdoors.

Calum looked over at Michael, smiling when he saw the other look in awe. It wasn't just because he hadn't been outside in a while, but it was because the outside of the castle was truly beautiful.

There was a bridge that connected the main doors to a green meadow full of flowers and trees. The bridge was over a stream of water, which the vampire could hear as it's water flooded by.

The moon was only half lit that night, but it was still so bright. The stars were out, decorating the dark night with their beautiful lights.

"This is amazing." Michael finally said, taking the first step outside the doors. Calum followed him outside, closing the large doors behind them.

"Shall we take a stroll?"

"We shall." Michael mocked Calum's old fashioned word choices, smiling up at the demon.

The demon shook his head amused and reached down to grab Michael's hand into his own, making Michael's laugh slowly end. But he still had a small smile on his face, gripping onto Calum's hand in return.

Calum led the other down the bridge, looking out into the wilderness. Instead, Michael stared up into the sky. He loved the moon and the stars; he thought they were so utterly gorgeous. And they were the closest he would ever get to the sun.

It was a peaceful stroll, one that didn't need any words. It was a comfortable silence between them while they took their own time to appreciate the night's experience.

Calum also loved that aspect about being with the vampire. They could speak to each other deeply or teasingly, but they could also be silent with one another. It all seemed to work out between them.

"Sit with me." Calum said once they were in the middle of the meadow, hesitantly letting go of Michael's hand in order to sit down on the grass.

Michael stood over him, gleaming when Calum looked up at him and patted the spot next to him. He slowly got down, sitting next to Calum and looking up into the sky.

"I feel like I can touch the stars from here. They're so bright." Michael said in awe.

"You should name them."

"All of them?"

"Why not? We have all the time in the world." Calum said with a laugh.

"All the immortal jokes you have are too much."

"They are humorous."

"I guess within your sense of dry humor." Michael said sarcastically, still looking up at the stars.

He didn't notice that while he was looking up at the stars, Calum was looking directly at him.

Calum was viewing Michael's pale skin under the moonlight, his glowing red eyes, and his bright pink lips.

The vampire was the perfect immortal, glowing with no sign of an imperfection. Calum thought he was a piece of art. One that he didn't mind pinning to his wall and admiring.

"What is it?" Michael asked once he finally sensed the other's stare, looking at the demon who was already looking right at him.

"Michael...I've been struggling with expressing to you how I truly feel. I don't have the words to describe who you are within my eyes. But you're perfection. Everytime I view you, I'm always amazed by how beautiful you are."

"I don't know how you can feel any of that, Calum." Michael shook his head.

"I can constantly show how I feel about you if you gave me the wonderful opportunity to love you."

"To love me?" Michael asked confused, peering at Calum confused on what he meant in exact terms.

"I want you to be mine. Forever within our eternities."

Michael's eyes widened in shock.

Calum's feelings were strong. They were strong enough to dedicate himself completely to the vampire and for the rest of eternity.

"Don't look so shocked, darling. I've been infatuated with you for a good amount of time now." Calum chuckled out, moving his right had over the patch of grass to place over Michael's left hand instead.

The vampire looked down at their touching hands, trying to think about this whole situation. He was trying to think about Calum and what he made him feel in a clear way.

He opened his mouth to speak what his answer was going to be, but he was cut off by himself when he instantly smelt it. The scent was nearby, enticing Michael's senses and begging him to go on the hunt.

Because nearby was a human. And Michael was a blood thirsty vampire who wasn't used to the non-violent feedings. He stood up quickly, listening for any sudden movements.

"Michael?" Calum asked confused, not understanding the other's weird antics. He stood up himself, peering at the vampire.

But he quickly realized what was happening when a snap of a tree branch was heard from a few acres away. This made the vampire take an instant flash towards the beautiful scent that was completely taking over his thoughts.

—•••—

What do you think about Calum's honesty?

⁎⁺˳