Safe

Maia brought her hand to her face, grasping David's arm and pulling him up from the ground, exclaiming;" David, please stand up." David nodded, standing up, and breaking from Maia's grasp. Maia looked down at the table, " You're my best friend," She looked up to find David's face to be solemn and grave. " I love you, David. And this whole pregnant thing, I- we have options to think about. And one of those options does not have to do with marriage. For God Sake's David, we're twenty one!" 

David nodded, as he whispered quietly; " Yeah, you're right. It was stupid, I'm sorry." Maia shook her head, grabbing his hand into hers, " It wasn't stupid, it was rather sweet." David hinted at a smile, before adding, " What do we do know?" 

Maia sighed, " Abortion, " she said coldly before adding, " Adoption, we- I can raise the baby." David shook his head, " No, I can't go through with abortion, I just can't. And adoption, it's my kid, and I want to raise him or her." He said defiantly, as Maia nodded, " I was leaning towards that, too." 

" How are we going to raise her?" David asked, " You- we won't be together, living together." Maia nodded, " Maybe we could be roomates and raise her - or him together, just friends raising their baby together." 

" Do you know how ridicoulous you sound?" David asked, shaking his head.

Maia snickered, " Hey, you were the one who just asked me to marry you on a whim!" David chuckled, taking Maia's hands into his, " I would marry you right this second. You know that. I love you, Maia. I would do anything for you, and for our baby. Is that, that ridicoulous?" 

Maia uncomfortably slide her hands away from David, taking a sip of her tea, " I still have to see the doctor- to make sure it's actually positive." 

David nodded, " Let me know when you go, I'll be right here beside your side the entire time." Maia smiled, " I will, I should probably get going, I have to get ready for that scene with Teri." 

" The one where she gives you a lecture about unsafe sex?" David asked quietly.

Maia nodded, " That'd be the one." 

Maia arrived to set early, pulling Bradley aside, " Bradley, I need to tell you something." Bradley nodded, pulling off his headphones,  " Can you give me one moment, love? The set guys lost Teri's uniform." 

" All like ten of them?" Maia asked, as Bradley nodded, " Yeah, I just- hey, if you see ten poser cops let me know okay?" 

Maia smiled, " Of course, but- um- I really need to talk to you when you get the chance." Bradley nodded, " Of course, I'll be back in a few moments." 

Teri walked over to Maia, pulling her into a hug, " Darling, I should prep you for the talk we're going to have." Maia laughed softly, " No, no that's okay, I think the fifty outtakes will be enough!" 

Teri nodded, smiling, " Of course, I'll catch up back up with you in a couple minutes." Maia nodded, walking away quietly. Moments later, Maia sat ontop of Callie's bed. She sprawled out, waiting for Teri's cue. Like clockwork, Teri entered the room, and sat near Maia's feet. Maia sat up, tucking her knees to her chest, " Is everything okay?"  Teri nodded, " Yes, love," She said placing her hand on Maia's shoulder, " I just wanted to talk to you about Brandon." Maia nodded, " What about Brandon?"

" You're getting older, and I know you and Brandon are getting serious- and I just wanted to talk to you about safe sex." Teri said bluntly. Maia froze up, " Safe sex, oh, Stef we aren't having-" She exclaimed. Teri looked away, " I'm just a door away love, remember that." Maia nodded, " I don't know what to say." Maia's face instantly turned red, as Teri hugged Maia, " Just be safe, that's all." 

Maia stood nervously at the foot of David's apartment door. She sighed, as she placed her right fist on to the door, leaning against it. She was on the verge of knocking on the door, when David opened the door, causing Maia to fall foward. David quickly caught Maia, wrapping his arms around her waist. The pair fell to the ground, both letting out a roar of laughter. Maia's face turned a deep red, as David brushed the strands of hair away from her face. He smiled, as he said, " You're beautiful." Maia smiled, as she brought her lips to his. David broke away moments later, " Did you tell the crew yet?" Maia shook her head, as David frowned. Maia placed her hand on David's jaw, " I need you to be right beside me when I do it." David nodded, " Oh course," Maia smirked, " And that question is asked at lunch, that absoultly absurd, crazy proposal, I- yes, David. I will, I do, I want to."