Chapter 14: Dinner Party and Bets pt. 1

You flattened out the wrinkles in your f/c dress as Mari knocked loudly on Ami and Barret's door. You bit your lip as Kyle opened the door and you quickkly forced a smileo onto our face. "Hey Kyle." you told him trying not to make it awkward. He smiled back awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck,"Hey Y/n.". Jun sensed that you two were about to get awkwared so she spoke up,"Kyle how is it at Greathart?" she asked as you three walked in. A more comfortable smile appeared on his face," Oh it's great!-" Kyle said before he started describing his school. Talking about school and classes wasn't something you considered 'thriling conversation' but Kyle seemed to never stop and you three just didn't want to be rude the first time theat you saw him after months. Ami and Barret were out getting some last minture things so it was only you four,  you sighed to yourself before there was a knock on the door. 

    You opened the door and smiled as you saw Rin and Yukio, both dressed in formal clothing. "Hey guys!" you told them before letting them in. "Hey y/n." Rin smiled at you before you three started talking. The others joined in your conversation and the before awkward and bored atmosphere disappeared and was replaced with a comfortable one. After 15 minutes Ami and Barret both came in carrying a few bags of stuff. "Y/n! Can you help us carry bags in?" Ami asked giving you puppy dog eyes. You smiled at her and rolled your eyes playfully,"Sure.". Rin stood up,"I'll  help you.". "Thanks." you told him before you both went out to where Ami's car was. 

~ Jun's POV~   

       I took a sip of my water before Ami and Barret both walked in, Ami's eyes were hopeful and she leaned closer to me from across the table. "Juuuunnn." she sang. "Yes?" I replied with my eyebrows raised. "It's still Kyle isn't it?" she asked completely sure of herself. I bit my lip and thought about it. "Nope." her jaw opened and she looked at me shocked. Barret smirked,"It's Rin right?". I chuckled before nodding," She's still denying it but it is.". Barret's smirk grew before he turned his gaze to Ami,"Pay up.". She sighed before handing him a candy bar and they both went back to the kitchen to make the food before Y/n and Rin came back inside with the rest of the bags. Yukio looked at me confused,"What was that about?". Mari giggled,"Barret and Ami always make bets about who Y/n has a crush on. Barret always wins and Jun always knows the right answer." Mari explained before Y/n and Rin walked back in.  They were laughing about something that Rin said and a barely visible smirk appeared on my lips. 'I always know the right answer.' 

A/n:

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated and that this is a really short chapter! I had a lot of school work and during spring break I had a lot of family things, not to mention writers block. know  where I want this story to go, it's just when I come to type it up it's hard to come up with ideas. I will try to get the next chapter up as soon as possible. I promise. This was more of insight of how people around Y/n notice her feelings. Hope you enjoyed this really short update. 

The pic I found isn't mine.