Nine

A knock on my door. I was just waiting to be picked up now. I opened the door to see Hanabusa there with flowers. "I thought I should get you something."

"Thank you. Let me go put these in water and we can leave."

As we walked out of the building together, he laughed. "Your dress this time is a lot different than the last one. You seemed to be a lot more innocent last time."

"I just hid my dark side then, but now I don't have to. I'm a pureblood. I'm Erika Kuran, and Thats who I will be for the rest of time. Hayami is dead. She had to be. But that isn't to say I haven't killed before."

He laughed nervously. "Well, everyone is waiting for us."

"Nabu, could I tell you something else?"

"Of course, Yami."

"Kaname told me a story, but I don't think it was true. Not entirely. I don't know what he has to hide, but it must be pretty important to hide it from me."

"Lord Kaname has been acting strangely lately. Is there anything you know, being his sister and all?"

"Well, I had a dream last night, but it might be nothing. Kaname told me that my parents killed some of my pureblood father's family to become human, and I had four siblings, but the thing is, I remember that day more. I didn't have siblings while living as humans. I know for a fact I didn't, so that raises a few questions. Why is it that I didn't have siblings and why don't I remember my past, but Kaname does?"

"You're right. That's a very good set of questions. Do you think maybe you were one of the original vampires too?"

"It could be possible i was an original too. If that's the case, I might have known Kaname longer than I really remember. Kaname was there that day too, visiting the house you, Akatsuki and Ruka were living it. The castle on the hill. Akatsuki told me Kaname would stay there sometimes."

"It's true. Do you think Kaname had a part of it?"

I shrugged. "Kaname has been wanting to get rid of Hio for a long while now. At this rate, anything is possible, because nobody really knows the truth. There's even things I can't tell you, Nabu."

"Ruka told me what happened yesterday with Kaname. About your name being told and how I'm in danger now. You were really concerned about me, weren't you, Erika?"

I stopped walking. "Hanabusa, there's something I want to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I wanted to tell you... I... I like..."

Ruka and Akatsuki walked over to us. "I can't believe we're getting dragged to another one of these."

"Lord Kaname wanted us to go to this one."

Hanabusa laughed. "Right! This is a suitor meeting party for you, isn't it, Erika? I bet I know who you're going to chose."

Akatsuki looked to me, eyes wide. "I thought you weren't going to choose yet?"

"I wasn't, but as always, Kaname pushed me and I shouted some things and now I've chosen."

"So, how are you feeling?"

Ruka spoke up. "Before you answer Akatsuki, I want to know what you meant by having to wait a lifetime. Do you mean you'd be dead before he'd pick you? Of course, Lord Kaname would never pick you over anyone else. Lord Kaname just has a thing for humans, it'll pass. He'll need to continue on the family after all. The last of the pureblood Kurans. You're just an assistant."

"Why does everyone keep calling me a vampire's assistant? I guess I have been assisting Kaname for a long time, but still..."

She scoffed. "You're lucky I don't kill you for the way you talk to Lord Kaname!"