The morning light filtered gently through the curtains, casting a warm glow upon the room. As my eyes fluttered open, my thoughts immediately drifted to the events of the previous day—a whirlwind of emotions that had left a trail of tension in its wake. My heart ached as the memory of the argument with Alexander resurfaced, a storm that had threatened to shatter the fragile connection we were building.

But then, as I shifted in bed, an unexpected sensation met my awareness—an arm draped across my waist. My breath caught in my throat, my initial instinct one of alarm. The memory of my own startled scream from last night echoed in my mind, a reminder of the fear that had gripped me.

As if on cue, Alexander's eyes fluttered open, and his arm recoiled as though I had shocked him. He tumbled out of bed with a graceless thud, his body immediately springing into a defensive stance. Panic coursed through me, mingling with an involuntary burst of laughter. The contrast between his valiant battle stance and the chaotic tumble was too amusing to ignore.

My laughter, though genuine, was like a gust of wind that carried my amusement to him. His gaze, once cold and guarded, softened as he registered my laughter. A fleeting smile curved his lips, the corners of his eyes crinkling in a way that tugged at my heart. It was a moment of vulnerability, a glimpse into the person he was beyond the layers of anger and hurt.

Caught in his gaze, I felt my cheeks flush with embarrassment. Clearing my throat, I gathered my thoughts and mustered the courage to speak. 

"I'm... I'm sorry about last night," I began, my voice laced with sincerity. "I didn't mean to laugh, it's just... the whole situation was so unexpected."

A flicker of surprise crossed Alexander's face, his gaze steady and intense. But then, understanding seemed to settle within him, his features softening into something akin to acceptance. It was as if my honesty had cracked open a door, allowing us to glimpse the humanity within each other.

As our eyes met, a silence stretched between us, pregnant with unspoken words. And then, in a quiet moment, I saw his lips curl into a smile, genuine and unguarded. His response was like a balm for my uncertainty, a reassurance that we were on a path towards mending what had been fractured.

Breaking the silence, I shifted the conversation towards the events of the previous day—our argument, the tension, and the pain that had colored our interaction. It was a difficult conversation, but it was also a necessary one. We both laid our emotions bare, each word a step towards understanding and reconciliation.

"I didn't want to scare you," Alexander admitted, his voice tinged with regret. "But when I saw you running, I... I didn't know what else to do."

The vulnerability in his words was palpable, his struggle to articulate his feelings evident in every syllable. My heart softened as I listened, realizing that beneath his tough exterior, he too was navigating a complex web of emotions.

"I was scared too," I confessed, my voice quiet but resolute. "Running away was a reflex, but it wasn't fair to you. I should have stayed and faced whatever we were feeling together."

The admission was like a bridge connecting our hearts, a bridge that spanned the gap between our individual experiences and the shared journey we were embarking upon. As the words flowed between us, a sense of catharsis settled upon the room—the weight of the past lifting as the promise of a new beginning unfurled.

The Omega's KingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara