Welcome to the Observatory

AN: Hello everyone, I just wanna lay out some ground rules before we get started. First off, I've wanted to write a story like this for a really long time and I was going to upload it in the FanFiction website but unfortunately someone's already doing this sort of story so that's why I'm putting it here just to avoid the controversy.

Second, this was originally going a multiverse-type story with multiple shows but decided to focus on one just so I don't have to overexert myself with the research and have more time to write my other stories. 

Third, the only thing I own here is the ocs in this fic. RWBY is owned by RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum (RIP) and Overlord is owned by Enterbrain and Kugane Maruyama.

Happy 8th anniversary to RWBY. Thank you, Monty Oum.

Fourth, this will be based off the English Dub of the Overlord anime, which is owned by Funimation and Kadokawa Pictures Inc. Finally the story will take place between Vol. 2 and Vol.3.

All rights belong to the original creators. I don't gain anything from this, I'm just doing this for fun. Feel free to leave suggestions on how to improve it and show it some love.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a beautiful day outside, the birds are singing, flowers are blooming. 

Yes, everything is peaceful at Beacon Academy, home to future Huntsmen and Huntresses.

We then jump to the cafeteria where we see teams RWBY and JNPR hanging out together. You know, having a little RnR after the whole breach incident and arresting Roman Torchwick.

Suddenly, a portal opens above them out of nowhere, sucking (*insert lewd joke here*) both teams in. But its not just them, portals appeared at key areas around Remnant taking select people into parts unknown.

....

"...aaaaaaAAAAAAAHHHHH!" The Huntsmen and Huntresses-in-training fall out of the portal and in a pile and they felt only one thing: PAIN!

"Ouchie!" 

"Get off me, you dolt!"

Sorry, Weiss!"

"Who's touching my butt!?"

"My leg!"

"Sorry!"

"Pancakes!"

"Nora, calm down..."

"What happened?"

As the group got up they noticed that they weren't in the cafeteria anymore but instead in some kind of void. There were no windows, no doors, or even a light source.

They were completely isolated.

"Yang, I'm scared." Ruby says as she hugs her sister tight.

"Its gonna be alright Rubes. We'll find a way out." Yang assures her.

The others take out their Scrolls and notice that they weren't getting a signal. "No good, we can't call anyone."

"So what do we do?" Pyrrha asked.

Just then, another portal opens dropping General James Ironwood, Glynda Goodwitch, Professor Port, Pro-Doctor Oobleck, and Professor Ozpin. 

At least they didn't have as rough of a landing as they did.

They looked just as confused as their students were. "Well, this is certainly interesting. Where exactly are we?" The green headmaster asked.

"I don't know, sir." Glynda states.