Chapter 3 - Hiking

"Wait what?" Neil said. Nikki was just standing there confused, Max wondered if she even knew what transgender meant. "Yeah, and I'm on my period thing, do you have anything to help Nikki?" Max asked as the two boys looked at Nikki. "Oh, I get it! I have some pads in my tent, I'll be able to get some before the hike, but I'm not sure if they'll fit Max." Nikki said, Max just nodded for her to get some and she instantly ran to get one. "Ugh, this is going to be an annoyingly long day." Max groaned. Neil was still quite, Max guess he was still trying to grasp the fact Max was trans.

A minute later Nikki was back holding a pad, it had a pink wrap around it. Max quickly went to the bathroom to put it on. "It'll have to do for now." Max said as he walked over to them. They then walked to the Mess-Hall for breakfast. Max was anxious the whole time, the pad was small and he thought it might bleed through his pants. Max could barely eat due to the anxiety, Neil noticed quickly, Nikki was to distracted by eating.

"Max, are you okay?" Neil said, looking at Max. Max looked up at him, "Shut up, I'm fine." Neil looked away and just watched Nikki eat. "Okay campers, I hope everyone's finished, because we're leaving in 5 minutes!" David yelled. Max flinched nervously as David said they we're leaving soon, Nikki had finished her food and was whipping her mouth, "Don't worry Max, we'll watch your back!" Max looked at Nikki then nodded. Neil wondered if Max would be okay, assuming Max was wearing a binder. Neil knew wearing binders in hot weather for a long time can be dangerous, he would tell Max before the hike.

After 5 minutes David spoke again, "Okay campers, it's time we head out, throw away your food and follow me!" David walked out, Gwen and some other campers followed behind. As Max got up to walk out Neil grabbed his hand. "What Neil." Max said as Nikki walked passed them. "You know it's bad to wear a Binder in hot weather, right?" Neil said, Max probably didn't know because his eyes widened a bit. "It's fine, I'll just go back to my tent and take it off for a bit." Max said, he obviously didn't know how long the hike would be, they both didn't.

When they started the hike it was very muddy, it rained all night until about 4AM. They had to step over a bunch of things, mainly logs and fallen trees. As the hike went on it get less muddy, so that was a positive. Preston picked up a 'leaf' that ended up being Poison Ivy, luckily Gwen brought rubbing alcohol because 'she knew some dumb kid was going to touch it'. They then had to walk up a giant hill. Once they reached the top of it, lots of them were tired, mainly Max. They took a 5 minute break from walking. They had been walking for an hour now, Neil and Nikki we're starting to worry for max.

When they started walking again, max was falling farther behind and breathing heavily. "Hey Max, you good?" Nikki said as she slowed down reaching Max's pace. "I'm fine, I'm just tired." Max said in an exhausted tone. David noticed Nikki and Max and told Gwen to keep leading them as he also slowed down. Once David reached the 2, Max put on his hoody and looked away from David.

"Max, are you okay?" David said, looking a bit concerned. "I'm fine David-" Max said as he immediately fell over a root sticking out the ground. "Welp, not anymore." he groaned in a muffled voice as he laid on the ground. David picked up Max who immediately started squirming around, Nikki was laughing at him. "Let me go!" Max complained until David let him go. They reached the end of the giant hill, but they were only half way though.

Max started falling behind again, this time Neil and Nikki came up to him. Max was stumbling around trying to keep his balance, he was obviously about to pass out. Neil held onto one side of Max while Nikki held the other side, trying to keep him standing. Soon they were far behind the crowd, but they were trying to help Max so it didn't matter. "Ugh." Max groaned as he stopped walking. Neil then spoke up, "Max, you want us to tell David? You're literally about to pass out." Max shook his said, "You don't need to tell that camp-man anything." Nikki and Neil just decided to carry Max, he didn't even care anymore. Well, he didn't care until he started kicking at them, which was when they were about to pick him up.

Max stumbled back up and they soon caught up with the crowd. Max then started to feel dizzy, he stumbled more as they walked and he was starting to sweat. It had been a hour and 24 minutes of hiking now, and people have noticed Max. Max then stopped walking and collapsed on the ground. Everyone started to crowd him, but all he saw was a blur of everyone's face. All he could hear was everyone's yelling, trying to keep him awake. Then he closed his eyes and everything went silent.