Chapter 1 - Swimming

It was a normal morning at Camp Campbell, David was calling everyone out of their tents for breakfast as usual. Some kids were awake or waking up, others will still asleep, and by others I mean Max. Neil was already out the tent, not wanted to get yelled at my Max for waking him up. Once 'everyone' was awake, Gwen noticed something, "Hey David, where's Max?" David looked at her, then at the trio's table. "He's probably still asleep, I'll go wake him up." David volunteered as he got up and walked out the Mess-Hall's doors.

"Max—, are you in there?" David said in an annoying voice. Max groaned, "I'll be out." he said with a sigh. "Okay! Just don't be late, you have to eat breakfast!" David said before walking back to the Mess-Hall. Max slipped off his hoody then his yellow shirt, slipping on a black binder. He then put his cloths back on and tiredly stumbled out his tent and into the Mess-Hall.

It was actually pretty calm in the Mess-Hall, well, I guess calm. Preston was sitting with Harrison and Nerris, watching the two fight over who's more magical. Gwen was talking about something with David, probably something stupid since David was very interested. Neil and Nikki were talking so Max grabbed a trey of food and joined them. "What are you talking about?" Max said in a sarcastic and tired tone. Neil seemed nervous so it must be something good, right? "Well, we we're talking about the free day today, it's hot out so everyone was planning on swimming!" Nikki said.

Max's heart sank right there. He didn't show it but he was panicking like crazy. "Oh." He said, trying to hide the worry in his voice. What if he had to swim too? If the Counselors were also going to swim there was no way of escaping it! He could hang by the dock but if he got wet it would be over for him. Max also didn't want to deal with the embarrassment of 'not being able to swim', because he was actually a great swimmer.

By the time breakfast was over everyone was changing into their bathing-suits. Max came up with a plan to just say he didn't bring a bathing-suit. "C'mon Max, you must be bored sitting there, right?" Nikki said as she joined some of them in the water. Some people were still trying to adjust to the water while others weren't even at the docks yet. "I didn't bring a bathing-suit Nikki." Max said with a blank face. On the inside Max was sweating like crazy and he could barely breath in the binder. Him wearing a hoody and a binder in 97 degrees was a nightmare for Max. He decided to take off his hoody, it wouldn't hurt.

Almost everyone was in the lake now, all but Max and Gwen. Gwen was tanning for some reason, and we already know why Max isn't in the lake. Neil soon joined them when he was used to the water, though he was still shivering. Nikki started to pull Maxes hand and brag about how nice the water is, probably trying to make Max jealous. "C'mon Max, it won't hurt." Max heard a voice behind him, it was David. Max groaned, out of anyone it had to be David. "Gwen isn't in, why should I?" Max said, his eyes squinted. "Well you're friends want you in!" David replied in the annoying voice again. "He doesn't have to have a bathing suit to swim!" Neil said, actually having a point. Max glared at Neil, making him flinch.

After a couple moments Nikki had pulled Max into the water, I guess she listened to what Neil said. Max had fallen in head first since he was pulled in by his hands. He took Nikki down with him, not going without a fight. When they came up Nikki was screaming with excitement while Max was shivering in the cold water as he crawled out. The water pressure from falling under made his binder very uncomfortable and wet. He was lucky it didn't get to lose since he wasn't in the water for long. Max stormed to his tent, Nikki, Neil, and David following behind. Shivered in his wet cloths, he had an extra hoody and pants, but not an extra binder. He switched into the hoody and pants, but took his binder off. He knew you can put a binder in the dryer, but he didn't want to take the risk of it shrinking. Once everyone left the lake he decided to air dry it, but he was very paranoid. Not wearing a binder felt weird to Max since he's been wearing it for the whole summer.

Soon it was dry enough to put back on, it was already dinner by that time. He sat down with Nikki and Neil, but didn't want to talk with them for obvious reasons. After dinner they had a campfire activity, it was just s'mores so it was fine. Then the end of the day, Max laided down and grabbed Mr. HoneyNuts, "It's been a long day." he said before falling asleep.