Season 1 - Part 8

Note: I DO NOT own The Owl House or Marvel Comics so don't report me. This is for entertainment purposes only and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

It was a splendid morning at the Owl House as Luz enters the living room having already gotten dressed into her school uniform.

She then sees a pot with something being stored inside by a levitating spoon.

Luz: Ooh, magic spaghetti.

Venom: Let's eat.

They said as the spoon smacks the teen's hand away from the pot.

Eda: Hands off. That's witch's wool. It repels powerful spells. Every witch worth their salt has a cloak made from this stuff.

Luz: We're worth salt. We want cloak.

Eda: Easy, kid. With the Emperor's goons at my doorstep, I need this for protection. They've really stepped up their attacks lately.

Luz: I think I finally understand why the Emperor wants you so badly . . . he's got the hots for you, doesn't he?

She joked as Eda winks while clicking her tongue.

Eda: But no. Emperor Belos wants to control all wild magic through his coven system. He ordered my capture years ago because I refused to fall in line.

Luz: And he won't stop until he's got you?

Venom: They can try, we'll just eat them if they ever come near us.

Eda: Yeah, but don't worry about it, kid. I'm a master escape artist. Besides, I know you two'll have my back.

Suddenly, a bunch of feathers grew all over Eda's body.

Eda: Uh-oh.

She said before transforming into the owl beast.

Luz: King! Get the elixir, now!

King: On it!

He yelled as Luz & Venom assume their monster form, using the symbiote's tendrils to restrain the owl beast while King got the elixir.

They managed to get Eda to drink the elixir, but it didn't work. Luz & Venom continue to restrain Eda as King grabbed more elixir, managing to get her to drink over a dozen.

The amount was enough for Eda to turn back to normal.

Eda: . . . Thanks for that, kid.

She then noticed the dozens of empty elixir vials.

Eda: And those.

Venom: Why is your gem still dark?

Eda: Huh? It's not dark! You're nuts!

Luz: The curse has been getting worse and you've been hiding it!

Eda sighs in defeat.

Eda: You're right. It's taking more elixir to turn me back, and more magic to keep the curse from rearing it's feathery head.

Luz: What happens if you use your magic up? Do you . . . do you die?

Eda: No! Geez, you're morbid. I just kind of, sort of, turn into the owl beast . . . forever. It's a fate much worse than death, if you think about it.

She laughs.

Luz: We can't let that happen. We'll find a cure and-

Eda: Hey, don't worry. I just have to limit my magic use a little.

She says, using her hands to make Luz smile.

Eda: Ah, there's the Luz I know.

She says before Luz's expression changes, appearing as if she's about to cry.