Chapter 3 | "A Talk With The Detective"

"Mommmmm," whined Kokichi, running up to Kirumi and hugging her.

    "Kokichi, I said you can call me that but still remember that I'm not your actual mom-"

    "I met a girl!"

    "Hm?" Kirumi pulled away from the hug. "What's she like?"

    "She has red hair and this summer I accidentally uh..kissed her.." he muttered.

    "How do you accidentally kiss someone?"

    "Well, I was in a locker and- Actually, nevermind! And, I don't know if I like this girl or not"

    "If you didn't like her, you wouldn't be questioning whether or not you do," she pointed out, putting one finger in the air.

    Suddenly, a robot with white hair and blue eyes walked up to them. That was K1-B0 who everyone preferred to call "Kiibo". Kokichi, meanwhile, liked to call this robot "Kee-boy". He was the organization's robot who often gave them news on what was going on in the city.

    "Sir, we have a new detective on our case. They say that he is the best teenage detective in his company and he may discover D.I.C.E," informed Kiibo. Kokichi couldn't help but laugh.

    "Our organization will never be identifiable, Kee-boy! Detectives and the cops have been looking into our crimes for years and haven't found out a thing. All they know is that we're all kids who wear masks." He continued to stare at Kiibo from the couch he had now just started laying on, waiting for him to continue giving information. Kokichi, this time, was hanging upside from the couch with both his feet on the backboard.

    "..You're such a child, boss," muttered a girl with long blue hair and blue eyes in the background, Tsumugi.

    "I really am, nishishi!~" smirked Kokichi. "Hey, why don't we go pay this detective a visit tonight?" he quietly whispered mischievously, putting a finger to his own lips.

    "I find it a total waste of time," said Tsumugi, truthfully. "I say you go down there by yourself"

    Kokichi rolled his eyes. He did think that Tsumugi's suggestion was a good idea though. He wanted some alone time to observe this 'Shuichi Saihara'. "Do you know what his next destination will be, Keeboy?"

    "A museum we once stole from, sir. He's going to look at a million-dollar antique painting," the robot spoke.

    "Ah, the museum, I guess I'm going there this evening then"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Himiko was casually stacking some of her magic equipment up on the shelves of her room. She surprisingly had a lot of space in her room even though she had a lot of clothes and possessions. She found shopping dull and didn't enjoy it at all which is why her mom normally picked out her clothes for her.

    She hummed songs while tidying up her room. Then, she heard a knock at her door.

    'Who could that possibly be?' she wondered.

    Her mom wasn't home, she had gone to the store to get some groceries. Himiko wasn't allowed to open the door for strangers and she normally listened but when the person kept constantly ringing the doorbell repeatedly, her curiosity had gotten the best of her.

    She checked the windows and saw two detectives waiting outside for someone to open the front door of her house. They were Kyoko Kirigiri and Shuichi Saihara, two intelligent and professional detectives. Kyoko had long silver-colored hair with tints of lavender and she often wore a white shirt, orange tie, dark purple detective jacket, and long black boots. Shuichi on the other hand had navy blue hair, wore a black hat, had a black buttoned shirt, black and gray striped jacket which was open today, gray shorts, and black shoes. Shuichi had a different outfit on during work nearly every day which happened to look more casual than Kyoko's.