Chapter 12 - Addicted

~~Chapter 12 ~ Addicted~~

Days later, I had calmed my seething anger towards blondie down a notch, but I was still radiating the odd pissed off vibe every now and again.

Today was a day where I was radiating a few more pissed off vibes than normal, which was all down to my shower.

It was still not fully functional.

Why, may you ask? Because I could not drag my lazy butt to the shop to buy a new shower head. And then it became more of a "there is no way in HELL I'm going anywhere with hair this greasy" situation.

5 days without washing my hair. Eugh.

It was time to get over myself and ask a certain someone if I could shower at theirs...

~~~~~~~~10 mins later ~~~~~~~~

My hand was poised, ready to knock on Mike's door.

I had come equipped: I had my hair up in a bun, a towel wrapped round me, flip flops on and shampoo and conditioner bottles in my hands.

But I hesitated. Right when my hand was poised to knock on his door. The last time I had seen Mike, he had seen me ridiculed for a condom supposedly falling out my handbag, just after saving me from being raped.

Oh God.

My face flamed and my body started to tremble. He had probably thought I was sleeping around the office! And now I was standing there in nothing but a towel, about to ask to use his shower.

STUPID, LEN, STUPID.

My eyes widened considerably more when I realised that my trembling body actually knocked my knuckles against the door.

Buggeration.

I heard footsteps from inside the apartment. I felt as though i was awaiting some sort of impending doom.

Then the footsteps stopped. The chain slid across. Blood was raging in my ears and the world seemed to slow into slow- motion as the door handle turned.

To say Mike was shocked to see me would've been a bit of an understatement.

In fact, he actually looked like he might fall over any second now. I felt my eyebrows draw together in concern.

"I um...hi? I was wondering if I could...um...use your shower? You see, I broke the head off mine and I've been too lazy to go out and buy another to fix it and then I-"

"Len, you can use my shower"

My face flamed once more as I watched Mike drag his eyes down my body slowly, as if he was trying to memorise every inch of my body, before turning his piercing gaze back up to my eyes, a devilish grin taking hold of his features.

"Well...ahem...I'll just...yep, I'll do that" I stammered out, making even more of a fool out of myself than I already had by rambling on.

I tilted my head up, trying to maintain whatever semblance of dignity I had, and marched on into his apartment.

I had no bloody clue where I was going, but I headed straight for the nearest door anyway, because simply asking where the bathroom was right now was out of the question.

"Len, do you even know where the bathroom is?"

I marched right up to the door in front of me, "Yes! Of course I do! It's right-" I flung the door open, "here..." I trailed off.

Now I may be stupid at times, but I'd have to be pretty dumb to argue that this room, with a huge king sized bed in the centre, was in fact the bathroom.