Sister?

Sokka jumps in joy when he sees the glaciers. He can't wait to get back to his family, just to check on them before he heads to the North Pole, but he wants to see if he can convince katara to come with him.

He sails through the glaciers for a few hours before he sees a village in the distance and his spirits soared.

He guides the ship near the village since he didn't want to crash into it any time soon. Once he's docked and secured the boat he began tracking towards the village, when he got cold feet, literally.

He looks down at his feet to see they had frozen in the ice. "What?" He asks in confusion when a sharp weapon is put to his neck from behind. "Is there anyone else in that fire nation ship?" A female voice asks. Sokka couldn't see them, but he could tell they were young probably Azula's age.

"My name is Sokka I just escaped the fire nation. I'm looking for my family," Sokka said. The assailant pushes him into the snow and pulls his hair back. Getting in front to look at him. Sokka's breath caught in his throat seeing the girl. She had blue eyes and coo skin like him, with a long braid and hair loopie things. "Your a liar! Sokka was killed long ago. You may look water tribe, but I wouldn't put the north past selling the south out to the fire nation," She said holding a sharp dagger to his throat.

"Katara?" The dagger was pressed closer to his neck. "How do you know my name?" She asks. "This wasn't how I imaged it," he said before he continues. "We you were seven we went out near the ice. I was throwing my boomerang around when it went in the ocean. I didn't want dad to be mad at me, so I jumped into the cold water to get it. I nearly drowned, but you used your bending to bend me out of the ocean boomerang and all. That's when the village learned you are a bender," Sokka said finishing the story. Katara's eyes soften and filled with tears. "And from then on I threw snowballs at everyone and said you did it even though it was me," Sokka melts the ice and got on his knees to the girl.

"Katara I'm back,"

The girl drops the dagger and asks. "Sokka?" She asks. "Yeah Rara, and I'm never leaving you again," She cries. "Sokka!" She wraps her arms around his waist bawling into his shirt. He cries too and they both cry out there for a entire hour. When Katara separated she said. "I don't understand why did they take you? Where have you been how?" She asks.

"They thought I was a water bender when they realized I wasn't I was sent to be a slave in a fire nation colony. I escaped and made money for a boat and I sailed here," Sokka lies easily. Katara hugs him again. "We need to take you to the village! They will be thrilled," she said. "Yeah I can't wait to see mom and dad and gran gran," Sokka said, but Katara stops. "Actually......dad and all the other men left two years ago to fight in the war," katara explains. Sokka blinks and sucks in a breath,

He wanted to see his father so bad. Last time he saw him he was stolen. "Then let's go," Sokka said and went with Katara to the village. A few times he stopped and had deep breaths, but when he made it back to the village he felt his heart stop.

The woman were out and look at the two approaching. Especially Sokka, while the children looked at him curiously.

"Katara! Who is this stranger?" The oldest said and Sokka's knees almost buckled seeing his gran gran. Another woman came to the front of the crowd and Sokka saw her. His mother. "Mom," he whispers, before he took off in a sprint leaving Katara behind.

"Mom!" Sokka barrels into Kya knocking the lady over. Some woman screamed a little thinking he was attacking her or was delusional. Sokka cries into her parka, and the woman cups his chin looking at him. Her eyes widened and whispers. "Sokka," "I'm home mom. I escaped, I'm sorry I'm so sorry I only thought about finding you again," Sokka cries not caring about who saw him cry.

"I missed you," he sobs. Kya squeezes him sobbing in relief becoming years younger. Kanna cries too as she realizes her grandson was back and joined the hug, Katara not far behind.

"I'm back," he whispers in his sobbing.

Later

Kya rubs circles on Sokka's back in her room. "Mum? What happened that day?" Sokka didn't need to elaborate to tell her what he meant. He had learned due to what Yon Rha had done his mother couldn't speak much and when she did it was a whisper, but still very soothing. "I didn't know that there was a raid happening when the captain entered our home. He demanded to know who the last water bender was. He was after Katara," She pauses to let herself rest and take a deep breath as she remembered that terrible day.

"I told her to find your father. He demanded once more to know where the last water bender was. I lied and said it was me to protect the village and Katara. I thought I would be taken prisoner, but he had orders to kill," her hand found it's way to her throat. "Then you came in, what do you remember my polar pup?" She asks. "I wanted to fight against the raiders, but Bato stopped me. Told me to go back and protect you and katara, be a real man. So I went to the hut and I saw a scary fire bender hurting you and he kicked me. After that I remember falling asleep in your arms and then I was being stolen," Sokka said. Kya smiles down at him.

"Do you know why you were taken?" She asks. Sokka was quiet before he said. "Because I'm the avatar," Kya sucks in a choked sob of fear. "They think I'm from the earth kingdom, that's what I told them. I said I was from the earth kingdom where there's some water tribe culture. They believed me because they killed anyone who knew who I was. Since then they tried getting me to learn fire, but I can only bend water and earth," Sokka explains to her.

Kya looks at Sokka and said. "Never bend, never tell anyone who you are," Sokka's eyes widened. "But I need to go to the northern tribe to learn water bending I need to," Sokka said. "You are my son and I just got you back. You are not leaving again," Kya said firmly to the thirteen year old.

"But mum, I don't even want to bend. I just want to help the world," Sokka said. "The world can do fine without you. Sokka you will never leave this village again," Kya hugs her son tightly. "I can't loose you again. I can't wake up and find this to be a dream," she sounded like she would cry.

"Okay mum. I won't bend I won't tell anyone," Sokka said and Kya sighs in relief. "That's my boy," she said.