66

A slew of days had rolled into months as we planned our wedding. I hadn't left any detail to the imagination and it hadn't been without blood, sweat, and many tears.

We had passed Riley's birthday, a intimate family dinner with us and the kids at home. He didn't want to do anything big since Ava and Brett were still on their honeymoon. It was still perfect though.

The kids birthday had also passed again signaling another year of them growing up into smart and compassionate little humans. As usual they had been spoiled.

That brought us to the end of April. The flowers were blooming, the skies clear as the temperature remained warm, and yet comfortable. It was a beautiful time of year to explore and we had committed to taking trips to state parks as a means to enjoy every moment.

Tonight however was my bachelorette and Riley's Bachelor party. We had planned them to be the weekend before the wedding so that neither of us would be hungover, or sick the day of the actual wedding.

I was excited though. My parents were in town ready to watch the twins, Ava and Hannah were both getting ready, and even Anna was breaking out of her shell to come with us. Sophie was staying behind with the kids since she wasn't old enough, but I had gone to the liberty of buying her her own bachelorette things, tshirts, cup, all the usual fun stuff so she wouldn't be completely left out.

Still she was as happy as Shane who was also excluded from tonight's plans. Instead Spencer had kitted out the treehouse so that they could have some friends over and it seemed like it was a good distraction.

"Six more days." I sighed to Ava and Hannah as I finished fixing my hair and makeup. "What's it like Ava?"

"It's terrifying and you'll want to run away as soon as you put your dress in, but then when you step out and see them waiting at the end for you, it's almost magic, like no one else is even there. That's when you blink and you're married. Honestly I've never been more scared of something that brings me happiness in my life."

"At least you're both married or getting married. I don't think Kyle ever wants to get married. I mean I can't blame him after his parents, but it would still be nice, ya know."

We both shot Hannah a sympathetic smile as I realized that even though I had shared the three sacred words with Kyle, we never got to the point where we had considered anything other than just being boyfriend and girlfriend.

"At least you have a boyfriend." Anna chimed as I shot her a warning glare.

"I'm sure he just needs a little more time. I mean Kyle hates the relationship his parents had, but he knows you and him are different." I tried to soothe her.

She twiddled her finger around the end of her hair as she looked down, "you're probably right.".

"She is, and now we are going to celebrate. Maybe he just knows that as girls we can only plan one wedding at a time. I mean can you imagine planning all this while trying to help plan someone else's." Ava added.

"She's not wrong, why do you think I waited for her and Brett to tie the knot before I even started planning anything." I added.

"You guys are the best." Hannah smiled looking up.

We finished up getting ready and took the Uber to the city. When the driver dropped us off outside the club, he reminded us that we could request him to pick us up and that he didn't mind whatever time that may be.

We climbed out and made our way inside, the colorful lights, fog machines and loud music, increasing the excitement and need for us to all let loose before two of us were tied down forever.