Chapter 10

I felt a sudden pain shoot through my chest. I was aware of the soft beep of a heart monitor nearby. Wherever I was, I was comfortable. I was sunken gently into the comforts of my bed mattress. My breath was shallow, but sustainable, and I breathed comfortably and in absolute peace with where I was.

My eyes were shut gently, as I had just awoken from some sort of dream or coma or whatever that was. I didn't want to open them. Maybe I could just keep them closed and I would be able to slip back into the magical realm of dreams.

Slowly, I opened my eyes. My surroundings were hazy for a few moments, then they came into focus.

I was shocked. So many machines surrounded me. Machines that I couldn't name. Machines that ominously took over the space in my room leaving me to feel claustrophobic.

But one thing in that room didn't frighten me. In the corner next to an oak door was a red chair. There wasn't anything special chair. It had the normal plush red little cushion to sit on and a second one carefully attached to the back of the chair.

It was what was on it that comforted me.

I could only see but the rim of a pale forehead of him. His dark black hair covered the rest of his face casting a dark shadow over him. His arms were covered in a long sleeved black shirt that were bent at the elbow so his hands could cover his face. His back was arched and he was bent over his knees.

Gerard.

I could feel my heart begin to beat faster as I looked at him. My cheat ached with every beat, but I couldn't help it. My heart monitor picked up speed and Gerard flinched up from his position.

I finally got a glance of his face. The Gerard I saw was a train wreck. His cheeks were sunken and his face was paler than it ever had been before. His eyes had lost their light.

"Gerard...." I mumbled. I was shocked at my own voice. It had become unrecognizable. My voice cracked in the middle of the word and it sounded aged. Like I'd aged twenty years.

Gerard rushed over to my side and took my hand and pressed it to his face. I then noticed how wet his cheeks were.

Wet from tears.

"Scarlett..." he whispered. His voice remained unchanged. It was still so beautiful that even the birds would stop to listen.

I smiled and winced as my dry lips formed the shape. I needed some chapstick.

"I love you." I got out.

"I love you too." he smiled. His smile was the most magical thing I'd ever seen.

I began to become more aware of my condition. My arm where I'd been hurt was covered in bandages. Gerard seemed to notice me examining the bandages.

"Be honest with me." Gerard said getting serious as the smile faded from his face. "How did this happen to your arm?"

I sighed not wanting to tell him.

"I've already seen them. They're really deep and it's honestly frightening to me." he sighed. "I know you didn't make them. I just need to be reassured before I sue them."

Wait. What? Sue them?

"Gerard you can't sue them! You don't have any money as it is!" I hissed.

He put his hand on his hip and let out a roar of a sigh. "You just rest. But you do need to tell me."

He was such a sassy fellow.

"Alright." I replied attempting to be sassy but failing miserably. I guess that's just a Gerard thing. "I was crying over-" I couldn't tell him it was about him. He'd feel shittier than he probably already felt. "Something. For some reason, they have this thing with crying there and you get physically punished for it. The rest is pretty self explanatory."

"They cut you because you fucking cried?" he asked with anger laced through his voice. "I brought you there because I wanted the cuts on your wrist to be stopped. Not so there'd be more."

He jumped up from beside me and went over to a nearby wall and slammed his fist into it. I flinched as the impact sounded through the room. He soon returned to my seat after his little anger fest.

"I wish I'd never have brought you there." He said lowering his volume. "I should've just had you stay with me." he now murmured. "I've missed you more than a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without jelly."

I smiled. "Oh you must've missed me so much." I said sarcastically.

He smiled back. That perfect little smile where his lips just parted and showed some of his pearly white teeth.

"I love you, Scarlett." he now whispered with his smile fading.

"I love you too, Gerard."

His eyes were half way shut and he looked at me through hazel iriss underneath long eyelashes.

His dark hair fell over his face as he began to lower his head closer to mine. He shut his eyes the last bit of the way and barely grazed his lips over mine. I wasn't even sure if he'd actually made contact with my lips or I'd just gotten excited and hallucinated the whole thing.

Gerard brought his head up till it was about six inches above mine. He barely opened his eyes very slightly.

Soon his lips were against mine again. He took my bottom lip in between both of his and put immensely pressure on it my clamping his own two lips together. A rush of heat ran through me making me sigh.

Gerard slowly brought his hands to my face and cupped my cheeks in each. He swung a leg over my body so he was now straddling my hips. Gerard left space between our two bodies, however, and supported his own weight.

He tangled his fingers into my black hair. Gerard tugged lightly on little strands.

He then forcibly pressed his lips to to mine and opened his in a way so that mine would open at the same time.

My heart raced like a thousand horses free to run in the wind as I felt his tongue lightly graze against mine. Just the tips of our tongues met gently as if they were greeting and shaking hands.

Our tongues then danced against each other. He caressed his tongue against mine.

It wasn't long before Gerard's lips abandoned mine and he started kissing my cheek instead. He made his way back to my ear then left a trail of kisses over my cheekbone and onto my neck.

Gerard licked a line from my collar bone to my cheekbone then passionately kissed every millimeter of the line he'd made with his tongue making me gasp.

"Gerard..." I murmured quietly.

He suddenly pressed his lips to mine again. I hadn't felt this way in awhile.

I could tell he was happy. He was at peace with what he was doing and he was happy to be doing it. That made me happy. I would give up anything to see my wonderful Gerard happy.

Gerard finally pulled away his lips from mine. His breathing was heavy and mine was too, but I couldn't catch my breath because my chest hurt.

"I love you more than anything." Gerard said with a sly smile.

"I'll love you until time becomes nothing but a memory and memories become nothing but dust." I replied.

"I'd hug you right now, but I don't want to hurt you." He said sleekly.

I smiled at him and gazed into his perfect eyes.

Out of nowhere, the hospital door was swung open quickly.

In the door frame was someone I missed.

Mikey.