Chapter 6

My arms were still bleeding uncontrollably. They had left to go and get me a new tunic and I was stripped of my shirt bleeding.

The straps were still secure around my arms and I could remember how to undo them from last time. They weren't hard to loosen, as the straps could simply come loose with a little bit of tugging and twisting. I slowly tugged my arms up and twisted them and before I knew it, they were loose enough for me to slip off. I then took my now free hands and undid the straps around my ankles and hopped off the chair.

I sat in a corner and pulled my knees to my chest. I looked down at the bleeding wounds over my arm. How could anybody do this to someone?

I knew how to make them remember me though. I stood up and turned to the blank white wall before me. Oh how much effort it must take to keep a wall like that such an unnatural shade of white.

I took my right pointer finger and ran it through the blood that had been dripping down my arm.

I then pressed my finger to the white wall and began to write what I had to say.

I finished my message and looked at the blood. You'll never take the light behind my eyes.

I decided that blood wasn't enough.  They could scrub it off with enough effort, but it wouldn't last.

I then remembered the knives that they held here in a case. The ones they used to torture us. I went to the opposite corner of the small room and pulled out a single knife.

The knife was extra sharp and especially long compared to the others. I didn't want this one to come in contact with my skin.

No matter, I returned to the now blood covered wall.

I then took the knife and stabbed it into the wall.

I carved around my blood letters to carve my message into the walls forever. They're not going to forget me.

I looked at the now permanent work I had left and smiled. Sweet revenge.

I realized that wasn't good enough either and carved a new phrase into it.

I wanted these carvings to be extra large and deeper than the last. This was important stuff.

These words would be the ones to make them think before they act. To think before they torture another patient.

I then ran the dull end of the blade through the blood trails in my arm and stabbed it into the wall with blood still dripping from the blade.

I stepped back to get a nice view of my tattoo on the institution. My second message read, You cut up my arms, and I'll cut up your walls.

I then decided I needed to have some fun. I pulled out the rest of the knives from the case. I then grabbed them one at a time by the blade and decided to have a game of knife throwing.

I'm damned after all.

This place is a Hell and I'm pretty sure it would be a miracle if I died now and went to Hell.

Then I thought of Gerard. I'd promised him I'd marry him. And I intended to do so.

He needs me and I need him.

Suddenly the white covered figures returned with a new tunic in hand. When they entered the room and saw my wall, they dropped the tunic and remained unresponsive for a few moments.

Revenge feels amazing.

They then threw the tunic at me and watched me intently until It was on properly.

They then grabbed my wrist and yanked me away.