Chapter 18

Daryl's POV

Things have been ok for the past two weeks. Ashley and I have been texting and talking on the phone occasionally. We haven't hung out in person though since the party.... that is until now.

Right now she's hanging out at my house; I told her Peyton wanted to see her, which wasn't all lies; she did ask if Ashley could come over... but I wanted to see her too to be honest.

"Got any 7's?" Peyton asks Ashley as the play an intense game of gold fish.

"You cheater!" Ashley teases and ruffles Peyton's hair, reluctantly handing some of her cards over.

Peyton smiles and add the 7's to her completed stack, which is more than Ashley's.

"Got any 3's?" Ashley asks Peyton.. peyton shakes her head 'no' and instructs her to 'go fish'. Ashley sighs and grabs a card from the top of the deck; smiling devilishly when she looks at the card. I swear; watching the game between these two is more fun than playing.

A couple minutes later the game ends; Peyton winning.

"You so cheated!" Ashley says throwing her cards in defeat.

"No uh!" Peyton sings; standing up and doing a victory dance, earning a laugh from me.

"What are you laughing at?" Ashley asks; looking at me while smirking.

"Ye' just got beat by a 5 year old" i tease; causing her to roll her eyes and scoff.

"You play her then" she tells me, pointing to the cards.

I shake my head and Peyton starts begging me to play. "Pleaseeee daddy" she begs and gives me puppy dog eyes.

I groan and trade places with Ashley; now sitting on the floor in front of an excited Peyton. Several 'go fish's' later and Peyton is yet again doing her little victory dance.

"Yeah ye' cheated" I groan and throw my cards down.

"You got beat by a 5 year old" Ashley says; mocking me for earlier.

"Shut up" I grumble and push her over playfully on the couch.

She starts laughing and Peyton jumps on me, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Don't be a loser daddy" she tells me and pats the top of my head with her hand; causing Ashely to laugh.

"Yer' a loser" I grumble pushing Peyton's hand off my head.

"Ya because that's why I won?" She asks, sitting down in my lap.

"I let ye' win"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Daddy NO!! Stop lying" she yells causing me to smirk. She gets aggravated so easily.

"Ok ok fine" I say putting my hands up in defeat, and start ticking her sides. I stop when she starts to hiccup.

"At least I know how to take a loss" Ashley teases from the couch.

I raise a eyebrow at her and move Peyton off my lap before standing up, towering over Ashley. "Oh ya?" I ask.

She smiles and nods, next thing she knew I was on top of her, ticking her. Good thing she's ticklish or else this would be super awkward.

"Tell me I ain't no loser and I'll stop" I tell her as she squirms underneath me.

I hear Peyton laughing behind me and cheering me on.

"Hey I though.... We .. Were friends!" Ashley yells, obviously hearing Peyton's cheering.