Chapter 15

Peyton's POV

I walk into the kitchen and see Uncle Merle messing with one of daddy's gun.

"What are Ya doin?" I ask him curiously.

"Cleanin' these guns" he answers as he looks at the gun.

"Wanna learn how to shoot a gun princess?" Uncle Merle asks me as I watch him pick up a gun that was sitting on the table.

"Does daddy know?" I ask; afraid daddy might get mad.

"I think he would want ye' to know how" Uncle Merle answers.

I nod eagerly and Uncle Merle smiles before leading me outside to two targets he had already set up.

I look at the targets. One was a normal circle target that I always see.. the other was a guy with a black mask holding a lady infront of him.

Uncle Merle walks over to me and crouches down to my height.

"Ok.. This is a 9mm.. im gonna show you how to load it and every thin' before ye' shoot it alrigh'" He tells me and starts to tell me how to load it and all that stuff.. I don't really care though, I just wanna shoot it.

"Ye' think yer ready" Uncle Merle asks and I nod my head frantically while smiling.

He smiles back and hands me the gun. He then places his hands over mine and shows me how to stand and hold it. He helps me aim and helps me squeeze the trigger for my first couple of shots.

I jumped the first two times before I got used to the noise. "Ye' think ye' can do it by yerself?" Uncle Merle asks me and I tell him yes.

He lets go of me and steps back. I aim the little pins at the center of the target before squeezing the trigger and hit almost dead center.

"Ayeeee there ye' go!!" Uncle Merle cheers and pats my shoulder. "Do it again" he adds and points to the target.

I do the same stance and shoot again, hitting close to the center again. I shoot 4 more shots close together; each landing somewhere near the center.

"Yer a natural!" Uncle Merle tells me while smiling. "Shoot the rest and we'll take a break"

I nod and stand, aim, shoot, bullseye! Repeat.

As I'm on my second to last shot I get my stance down and about squeeze the trigger when I hear daddy's voice behind me. "Wha' the hell is goin' on around here?!" He asks loudly; causing me to quickly turn around towards him as I accidentally squeeze the trigger at the same time.

I jump and look back at the target; only I didn't hit the target...

I hit daddy's truck. Oh crap.

I drop the gun as I fear tears well up in my eyes; only because I'm scared that daddy's going to be mad at me.

"Wha' the hell!!" Daddy yells running past me to look at the truck.

I didn't hit any of the windows, just the door, so that's not that bad right?

"I'm sorry daddy" I cry as Uncle Merle places his large hand on my shoulder before walking next to daddy to look at the truck.

"Why in the hell would ye' give her a gun for?!" Daddy yells at Uncle Merle.

"I was teachin' her to shoot! She was doin pretty damn good till you came out!" Uncle Merle yells back.

"Obviously tha's why she shot my truck?!"

"Yer the one tha' came out here yellin and hollerin' and distracted her!" Uncle Merle yells trying to defend me.

"Sorry I was curious as to why guns were going off in my back yard!" daddy yells back; his face red with anger making him look scary.

"Ye' act like we were popping them off in a damn zombie apocalypse! I was teachin her how to shoot incase somethin' happens!" Uncle Merle says and I feel more tears escape from my eyes.

"She's 5 Merle!"

"Hell so was I when I shot my first gun"

"Wha' are we goin do 'bout this?" Daddy asks pointing towards me and his truck.

"I dont know man... just be glad it ain't in any major place" uncle Merle says.

"Daddy I'm sorry" I cry looking at daddy as he looks at me madly.

He sighs loudly and rubs his face with his hand. "Go inside Peyton.. I'll talk to ye' later" he tells me without looking at me. Daddy hardly ever uses my real name unless he's mad or serious.

"Man don' yell or get mad at her.. it was my fault" uncle Merle says before I can walk away.

"I'm not.. that's why I want her to go inside.. I'm too mad to talk right now" daddy says and looks to me before waving his hand signaling me to go inside.

I sigh and wipe my eyes with my head down as I go inside and to my room.

I lay on my bed and hug my pillow tightly before crying myself to sleep.

=======================

A/n: hey guys thanks for 3k reads on this story :O wowza

Anywhoooooo... who thought I was gonna say she shoot Daryl for a second?!? Be honest;) I thought about putting that.. but changed my mind. Plus it ties with something else in the story if you've payed close attention ;)

But don't forget to vote and comment!

I loveeeee reading comments on what you guys think;)

~ xoxo ~