1

None of the characters belong to me... Maybe a few...

Percy's pov:

"Percy! C'mon!" Leo shouted as he danced into the warehouse. Ok. You might be confused. I'm Percy, and am 15 years old, and I'm blind. I have lived on the streets for 6 years, since the day Gabe, my abusive step father, killed my mother, Sally. He also took all her money, so I ran away. I am now moving into a old, warehouse which won't have construction anytime soon, according to the news. I live with my friends: Thalia (15 years old - 2 months younger than me), Jason (11 years old), Luke (14 years old), Hazel (10 years old), Leo (8 years old), Nico (7 years old) and Bianca (9 years old). We all ran away from our homes. Thalia and I work to get money, while Jason takes care of the rest with Hazel. Thalia sings on the street during the day, she's really good. She makes about 10-15$ a day, sometimes 20$ if we're lucky. I work as a counselor and chef.

Luke helps us get food, books and water during the day. Every day, we rotate responsibilities. Like, today, I'll be going hunting for food with Vesper, my shepherd dog. She helps me with walking around and navigating.

Luke will be getting books, from the trashcans full of books. The book store, about a mile away from us, throws away about 5-15 old books away, replacing them with newer ones. We pick the ones appropriate for Hazel, Leo, Nico, Bianca and Jason.

Thalia will be going for water, meaning she'll be getting a bunch of buckets full of water from canals around the buildings, and we'll boil it. She already starts with that before Luke and I get home. I'm the oldest, even though blind, I feel the responsibility of taking care of my friends.

We all got as much fabric and stuff like that to get ready for another cold winter. We've all lived together for 3 years. I took Thalia and Jason in after 1 and a half years living on the street. A half year later I met Luke. Then 5 months later we met Nico and Bianca. Then, after 2 months we met Hazel and Leo. That's how we met each other.

I walked in through the door into the warehouse. There were a lot of stairs, and we're going to be living in the top. I walked into the room, after walking up the stairs. The room was large, and had a lot of potential. There was the main room and two doorways leading into 2 small rooms, from the main room. It was perfect. Luke, Thalia, Jason and I worked on all the stuff in the warehouse. We found a large, thick, rectangular wooden piece, we took 8 bricks and made it into a table. We pulled in some old, dusty sofas, beds and pillows. They were dirty and all, but still looked nice, well, maybe 'cause I'm used to it... whatever.

Anyways, back to the present. Thalia went off early to get extra water, so we could clean up again. We do this once a month, we're pro at survival. We create our own fire! Anyways, 10 minutes later, Thalia came back with 2 five liter buckets of water. While she was off, Luke and I managed to put some thick, plastic over the broken windows and start a fire. We also got some mattresses while Jason was reading stories to Hazel and Nico. (They don't have any ADHD or Dyslexia, there is no Greek Mythology in this)

Once Thalia finished, meaning bringing 8 more liters of water, Luke and I took it as our cue to go for our own hunt. Thalia was going to stay with the other guys because it's getting dark outside, and they might get scared. I whistled for Vesper. I heard her running in, she came up to me and licked my hand, making me smile. I held out the leather leash with a large hole inside, and I felt as she but her head and front legs through. Then she started leading me down the stairs and out the building. I checked that I had my dagger on my belt, once I knew that I had, it I motioned Vesper to keep going. She walked and stopped me at all the green trash cans outside. I trained her like this when I just became blind, with Thalia's help, of course.

Everyone loves her, I found her when she was a pup, kicked out of a rich person's house. We actually have 1 other dog, a border collie, we named her Danica. Both Vesper and Danica have these names for a reason. Danica is a leader in the morning, and a morning dog type. Her name means 'morning star' and is from the Slavic origin. Vesper, on the other hand, means 'evening star' and is from the Latin origin. Vesper is a evening leader and dog type. So, right now, Danica is sleeping, while Vesper is up and ready to help me. I walked around and actually was kinda lucky. I got half a toast packet, which was perfectly good, according to Vesper, some peanut butter, 2 lemons and some delicious smelling salad. I went home, happy with my treasure. I used Vesper and a stick to get myself back to our home. Once I got home, Luke was already there, I'm assuming he's done with his fabric and book hunt. I sat down next to him,

"Hey Luke." I said, as I took the leash off Vesper.

"Hey Perce," I heard his voice say to my left, he was quite grumpy.

"What happened?" I sighed,

"Rich kids. Again. The blonde, chopper hair and a few others. They just think we chose this life and we are failures. They teased me." I smiled sadly,

"This is our home. It's a blessing that we can even have this. They may be rich, they may be wealthy and popular, but we have independence. Family. If not for living on the streets, imagine what could have happened to Hazel, Leo, Nico and Bianca! They had good reasons to flee their home. I had too. But this is something I'm used to. They are spoiled and dependent, while we, depend on no one. Nothing. They're wrong. Once they go to their own life, they won't see what's coming. There are people out there, who...will want control and power over you. We teach the little ones what life is. We show them the love they didn't get in their home, and the rich kids? They won't know what it is because they care about the money from their parents. They're nothing without it."

"Thanks Percy, I really needed that." Luke whispered, as I felt Hazel snuggle up to me.

"Hey Haze." I said,

"Hi Percy, I'm cold..." Her sweet voice said, I smiled, took off my jacket and put it on her.

"It's ok sweetie, it's ok. C'mon in, here's a fire." She snuggled closer to me. Soon she fell asleep, I picket her up, with the help of Vesper, I put her onto the bed in the smaller room, where Nico and Bianca were. Leo was sleeping in the tiny room next to ours. I heard some crashes from outside, I heard Luke run to the window.

"Rich kids" He said...

Thank you for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!