Chapter Four - Two Hearts

Author's note :

I realize some of the parts were missing and I made a mistake uploading the version so I updated to the correct one. Sorry for the confusion. Please enjoy the story.

"Good morning, Ms. Risa."

My secretary, Watanabe Kei, greets me as I arrive at the office building. He follows behind me, entering the building while telling me today schedules.

"Please postpone the meeting at 3 today."

I tell him when we reach inside the elevator.

"I believe I can't, Ms. Risa. This meeting has been postponed twice. Please reconsider to attend this meeting."

I glance at Kei.

"They should be grateful that I'm postponing it, instead of canceling the meeting."

I step outside the elevator once it reaches 10th floor but there are two people standing in front of my office.

"What are you think you're doing?"

I ask them, there's no kindness in my tone.

"I can't afford to wait for you forever. Let's just do the meeting right now. I've checked with your secretary, you have an hour this morning before your other schedules. Let's just finish our meeting before it."

My uncle, Kawaragi Minato, and his son, Kawaragi Fuma, are here standing in front of me, trying to force me into the meeting that I have been postponing since last year. Their company was registered as one of the franchisee of our subsidiary company and they have been trying to expand their shares by giving me bunch of absurd proposals.

"Let's just do it here then to our save time. I, Kawaragi Risa, Director of Kawaragi's Holdings, decline for any of your proposal."

I can see they are holding their breaths.

"See them out."

I instruct the receptionist to show the way out to them but my uncle grabs my coat collar.

"You think you're capable handling this company. Let me tell you, even your father used to ask for my advices all the time when he's still alive. You're nothing more than a child that is still learning how to do business."

Kei grabs my uncle's hand and force him to releases me.

"Please do not use violence, Sir."

He tells them. During his five years tenure, he has learned to remains calm as this is not the first time he saw the family drama happening at the office.

"Bitch, you're getting ahead of yourself. You're an outsider, adopted into our family. How shameless you are now, trying to take over everything."

Fuma starts his angry rant at me so I walk straight to him.

"I say this once again. I'm not trying to take over everything because everything belongs to me since the beginning."

I turn to face my uncle.

"I'm not my father. Even if I have to crawl, I don't need you to pave my path."

Soon the securities come and drag them away.

"Cancel all my schedules and leave me."

I tell Kei once I sit on my office desk.

"I understand. I'll take my leave then, Ms. Risa."

Kei walks out from my office and close the door.

I drop my head on the desk. To be honest, it's hard. Most of the time, I hate myself. I'm not good enough to replace my father. I never attended university because I need to take over the company immediately as soon I graduated from my high school. I'm lost and now I'm afraid that I'm losing myself.