My Boo

It started when we were younger
You were mine my boo
Now another brother's taken over
But its still in your eyes my boo
Even though we used to argue it's alright
I know we haven't seen each other
In awhile but you will always be my boo
-Usher ft Alicia Keys

°Camila°
I took one last look at myself, gathering my nerves and my purse before stepping out the car. I look around and took a deep breath as I stepped into the coffee shop where I take a seat and wait.

Waiting is exactly what I did for almost thirty minutes. I tapped my freshly painted mint green finger nails against the table becoming impatient while looking down at my watch checking the time.
"What a dick head." I mumbled to myself as I grabbed my purse and began to search for my keys inside. "Going somewhere?" The voiced boomed in front of me causing me to look up, "Yeah I am actually." I said while standing.

"Woah don't be like that."

"Don't be like what? I've been here thirty minutes. The least you could have done is shot me a text." I said trying not to get loud.

"Look I'm really sorry about that. I was sitting with my dad and lost track of time."

I immediately felt bad and looked down while playing with my nails, "Oh....I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"No you're fine, so you still leaving me, or are you going to sit down and enjoy our date?"

"Odell this isn't a date." I said while sitting back down in my seat.
I decided to meet up with Odell after debating with myself for the longest.

"Oh come on. A man can't dream?"

"Chanel's not going to come popping out of the woodwork is she?" I asked while laughing.

"Nahh. At least I sure hope not. I've never seen her like this before." He said shaking his head

"Like what?" I questioned.
"On edge and asking so many questions, and what happened back at the nail salon only added fuel to the fire."

"She's pregnant, cut her some slack plus you were out of line for what you did, but how have you been? I say in-between quick sips of my hot green tea.

"I've been good can't complain. Even better now that I have you back in my presence." He said winking.

"Yeah yeah, so what are you doing these days."

"I played some overseas ball, but honestly I wasn't feeling it, so now I'm working on opening my own little community center."
I was impressed.

"That's good, but why aren't you feeling football anymore? You're so talented in pretty much every sport and all you use to talk about growing up was playing professionally."

"After my dad got sick it was like....my love for the game left."

"How is he?"

"Not good, he's been fighting for a long time. His body is beaten up and I believe he's just tired at this point honestly."

"I'm so sorry Odell."

There was a long pause before he spoke again, "Look I'm sorry for what I did to you back in college, my head was in a million different places and I thought that was the best decision, but as time went on I saw that it wasn't. I fucked up real bad."
I could see the quilt all in his eyes.

"Odell I get it. I couldn't be there for you, so I understand you know? It's been years now anyways and we're both doing great in life."

"She'll never be you..... No one will, you was suppose to have all this and you know it."

"Stop it." I said shaking my head trying to fight the tears.
"Camila I still love you and I can't fight it, I've been trying to convince myself that these feelings are gone, but I thought about you everyday and when I finally saw you I knew they were still there."

"Odell you are engaged, for God's sake you have a baby on the way. This is not the time for that."
He must've forgotten.

"This wasn't my choice. She and her family pressured me into marrying her, and as for the baby I was under the impression that she was on the pill until she popped up pregnant."

"You've always been stern on your word so I don't see how you let any of this happen."
He sat quietly.
"I just want to do right by here, I feel like it's my chance to redeem myself."

All of these mixed and old emotions came flooding in at once.
"Odell thank you for this but I have to go."
I said in a rush to get away from the scene. It was too much for me to handle and I had to break free before I lost it.

"Wait, before you go answer this question." He called out.
"What question?"
"Do you still love me the way I love you?"

I cleared my throat and blinking my eyes, "I love you, but our lives are completely different and this isn't the time for personal feelings to get in the way. I'll see you around Odell."

I left him sitting in the coffee shop alone. Tears streamed down my face as I made my way to the car. There was no way I could compete with a baby.