70- New addition to the pack

Pack doctor flumped down on his chair as his work was done. Most of the patients had already left the clinic and for the remaining few, he could do nothing but wait.

"You did a great job, doctor." Luna praised him and rightfully so, he deserved that praise.

He smiled at the only person who was still there at the clinic with him. When he had sent away everyone, Luna had stayed back to comfort the families of critical patients but now even when they had gone to take some rest, Luna was still here, giving him company.

"I am coming in," came a girl's noise.

Doctor looked up to see that it was Beta's daughter, holding two plates of food.

"Come on, be quick." She ushered them.

"What was the need for this?" Doctor asked as he reluctantly stood up to join the ladies.

"What do you mean by what was the need? You have been working nonstop since the news broke out. You need to eat or else you would collasp." Yara pouted in anger with her hands on her waist as she scolded the doctor.

Doctor chuckled at her cute frown and responded with a smile as he sat down on a chair. "How can I swallow something when my family is writhing in pain?"

"Did you eat?" Luna asked Yara as she took the first morsel in her hands.

"Yeah, we all ate," Yara replied.

Suddenly, rays of light came through the glass windows, directly hitting on Luna's face. She groaned, hiding her face with the palm.

"What's with the sunlig—"

Her eyes widened in realization and her head snapped towards the window.

Yara and the pack doctor followed her gaze. They all collectively sighed in relief upon looking at the blaring sun outside. The rain had finally stopped. Everyone was now safe.

"I didn't even realize that another day had broke," pack doctor commented.

"You have worked hard," Luna said with a smile.

She immediately mind-linked her mate, who in return asked everyone who was alright to get into protective gear and start cleaning the pack.

Yara took her leave to join the others in cleaning.

"I will join after finishing the food," Luna called out as Yara opened the door of the clinic to leave.

"Take your time. There are so many of us," Yara said, before closing the door.

She took out her mobile to text Nihal about the situation.

"Rain has stopped and we are now going to get rid of the silver. Are you joining us?"

Not receiving any response, Yara frowned for a second then shrugged it off thinking that he must have left his mobile somewhere else and would respond as soon as he read it.

She didn't know that she wasn't going to receive a response anytime soon as her mate was sleeping soundly. Tiredness from yesterday and his failing health had caught upto him and now he was sprawled on his bed, snoring lightly.

                        ★★★★★

"Yara, where are you?" a pack member asked in a frantic voice.

Yara who was cleaning the entrance of the pack house paused in her work.

"At the pack house. Why?" Yara questioned back.

"Rogue's scent is coming off in waves from your house," the pack member replied, almost sounding like they were crying out of fear.

"What?!" Yara exclaimed out loud in worry.