36- Rejection

Hritika and Nihal didn't need to ask Vivaan what he meant by 'For me' as it didn't take any genius to understand that Yara did this as her mate was her best friend's enemy.

"Get up," Hritika ordered Vivaan, who was on his knees.

Nihal brought three chairs that were stacked at the corner of the room and placed them beside the bed. He knew this was going to be a long talk, might as well get comfortable.

Vivaan too stood up and sat on the chair, after taking a glance at Yara.

"I don't understand one thing." Nihal started speaking, making Vivaan turn towards him.

"Um..what I meant by Yara did it for me was—" Vivaan's explanation was cut off by Nihal.

"I know what you meant there. What I don't understand is her condition. We all don't like each other and that's a fact then why did she fall sick? Logically, she should be hating this ordeal as much as anybody else in this room." Nihal expressed his confusion.

A small sad smile appeared on Vivaan's face.

"Our human side understands logic but our wolf side works on instinct," Vivaan replied.

"Huh?" Hritika muttered unintelligently, not getting what he was trying to explain.

Vivaan exhaled through his mouth, knowing that he had to explain each and everything as the two sitting beside him didn't have any idea of what was going on.

"Our first instinct is to care, protect and be there for our family. Usually, it's their own family but for Alphas and Luna this rule extends towards the whole pack. Whoever you may be- Alpha, Beta, or any pack member; the rank or gender doesn't matter. Family is really important over anybody else. But in that Family, Mate takes the first priority. Hence, the weakening condition of Sachi."

"She is going to wake up, right?" Hritika asked, frightened that Yara's condition was worsened beyond repair.

"She is just unconscious but she would wake up soon. At least for now, but if we prolong this then I don't know if she could survive," Vivaan answered, sounding scared out of his wits.

"So, I have no other option than to be her mate unless I want to live with the guilty conscience of her death," Nihal commented, burying his face in his hands.

"You can reject me," came a barely audible sound.

Nihal removed his hands to see Yara trying to get up. Before he could get up, Vivaan was already on his feet to help her. After helping her sit, Vivaan sat beside her incase she lost her balance. Hritika handed Yara a glass of water who took it with shaking hands.

"Thank you," Yara whispered with gratitude.

Seeing that Yara was somewhat okay, Hritika spoke to her. "You said something about rejection."

Yara nodded and looked towards Nihal.

"You can reject me. Just repeat the words- I..your full name reject Yara of the Aberrant pack."

"ARE YOU MAD? Why the hell are you informing him about it?" Vivaan shouted as he stood up in anger.

Yara was unmoved by his anger. She looked at him dead in his eyes.

"We cannot take advantage of their lack of information. He needs to know about his options," she argued fiercely.

"And what about the pain that rejection would cause?" Vivaan bellowed, fisting his hair tightly in agony.

"Don't confuse us. Tell us clearly what would happen if Nihal rejects her," Hritika ordered sternly.

Vivaan sat back on his chair, looking tired as hell.

"Usually both parties feel the pain. The pain equivalent to jumping from the tall building but ending up with broken bones instead of dying. So much pain that would make you wish for death but it won't come. As Nihal is a human, I don't think he would feel the pain and only Yara would be the one to suffer."

"But it will only be for a month then everything will go back to normal." Yara added.

"What about the fact that it will scar you for the life?" Vivaan fumed.

He didn't understand why was Yara trying her best to make Nihal reject her, even after knowing that it would destroy her.

"This is such a mess." Nihal groaned.

"How the hell am I supposed to make a decision? This mate bond and all doesn't work on me as I am human. Neither I want a forced relationship nor I can reject her knowing that it will harm her." Nihal cried out in frustration.

"Yara, would you be okay if Nihal takes some time to think? I don't think this decision should be made hastily," Hritika queried.

"Yeah, sure," Yara replied and tried to move away from the bed.

"Don't. Your body is weak right now. Just take rest here, we will move out for a while," Nihal said, standing up from the chair.

Vivaan made Yara lie down and covered her with a duvet. Switching off the lights, they all moved out of the room.