Chapter 10

Brynn woke me up early so I can tell her everything about yesterday's events and to have time to say goodbye. Before going to the lobby to meet the others, we bawled our eyes out.

   On my way out I looked around for ghost boy but the only people here were the royal family and my new team. I guess he slept in and forgot about me. The queen was excited to meet us individually, the king didn't even spared us a look and the prince was staring at me, he didn't even notice me looking back as if he was deep I thoughts.

   I had to make sure there's nothing on my face. Was there drool on my face? Or my eyes were so red from crying? He recovered and gave me a warm smile, a nod, and walked toward their private train car.

   We used the same train we came in, to the castle. Breakfast was waiting for us in the dining car. Everyone was excited for the chance of their life. I was the smallest between but I overthrew them in reality.

   I didn't want to talk with anyone so I stayed in my room for the next hour. The train was slowing down, I knew we arrived. I looked outside and the castle was huge, the size of an entire town.

   The castle had a bailey with a perimeter of fifty meters on all sides enclosed by towers thrice the size as mills; the parapets along the walls seemingly went on for infinitude and were stocked with medieval armament in preparation of a siege - unlike it was needed - and the entirety of the castle was girdled with wooden fencing and once more with a moat in equal area of a lake. The trees surrounded the lands like great armies defending their citadel. Their armored trunks reached out in the air protectively. This great expanse of green enhanced the castles eeriness and busty as its portcullis made out of hard iron guarded the passage. Knights silently walked the walls keep two eyes watched. The backyard consisted of big gardens maybe this is where all the big ceremonies were held.

   "Welcome everyone to the royal castle. All of you will have a tour of it but only Olivia will continue towards the royal suits so she can know her way around. Follow me." We followed the white hair lady inside. She wasn't wearing a maid outfit neither expansive clothes so I guess she works here as a guide or something like that.

   The castle is even bigger on the inside. It will sure take me a while to remember every turn.

   Towers, turrets, stone steps, massive oak doors, steeply twisting spiral staircases, ancient stone walls, circular rooms in towers, great hall for feasting, long oak table, rich tapestries of royal red and gold hung on the walls, suits of armor standing guard, coat of arms, swords crossed on the wall, dank steps twisting down to dark dungeons, narrow passageways, windows like great slits in the thick walls, central open air courtyard, moat choked with weeds, colossal oak draw bridge on iron chains, reflection of castle in moat.

   We walked through the big halls toward the sitting room, dining room, the meeting room for the royal counselor. Everyone was supposed to present himself at the throne room once the tour was finished.

   We waited outside the massive doors before the king gave us the permission to enter. The room was even bigger than any room I ever saw in this palace. The roof was made of pure gold, the walls were covered in a rich red fabric. The king sat on a big throne, behind a picture of himself and the royal crest on each side.

   The chair was carved of fine gold, crested with several jewels and decorative metals forming an elegant coat of arms. The cushions made of the softest red cotton fabric. It was situated between two long white and gold columns.

   I couldn't stop looking around at the beauty of the room but instead I did the only reasonable thing to do in presence of the king. We knelt in front of him until he told us to stand.