Chapter 29

It was the day of the wedding everyone was getting more nervous by the hour, I had a feeling something bad would happen but I guess this is just my anxiety playing tricks on me.

   We were getting Jessica ready in here, her bedroom was filled with roaming hairdressers, makeup artists, and maids, trying to finish her look as soon as possible to get a few picture before the grand wedding.

   She was always the beautiful girl between us and I didn't know she could get any prettier but here she is, the most stunning bride I've ever saw.

   Jessica's family was invited to the castle too, her mother was trying to make sure everything's in the right place and bossing the workers around changing the smallest details on her daughter's look.

   She ran around in her long, greyish-blue mermaid cut dress worrying about anything she finds wrong. "Lift her hair from here", "Let's touch up her face makeup one last time", "Are you sure that's the right color for her?" and many, many more questions and commands were echoing the room all morning.

   Her father was sitting outside in his simple navy blue suit and slightly back combed hair, nervous for his only daughter's wedding and crying happy tears for how much she's grown, proud of her for winning the prince's heart.

   I was sitting with Jessica and her mother alone in her bedroom after finishing her makeover, until we heard a knock on the door and Elijah entered through the big mahogany door. His eyes quickly shifted to his girlfriend and his jaw dropped, he wasn't supposed to be here but I guess no one could stop him from doing what he puts his mind to do.

   I needed to get them both alone to talk and well you know they want to have their privacy too, I said the first thing that came to my mind. "Oh you finally arrived! We'll leave the room soon and when you finish your work just call us, we'll be in the room next door." I stood up leaving both of them alone.

   Elijah shot me a look of gratitude before shifting his gaze back to Jessica, who already had tears forming at her eyes. I kept looking backwards towards them, they were already a few inches apart and we weren't out of the room yet. I heard him say "You look amazing love." Before I finally closed the doors behind us.

   "Is there something wrong?" Jessica's mother was worried again.

   "No just a quick inspection from the prince to make sure she looks well just like they talked before, she'll carry the royal family's last name after all. She nodded as in a sign of understanding and sat next to her husband.

   Hopefully Jessica's lipstick and hair won't be messed up when we go back inside but let them talk together for a while, I walked towards William's room to see him one last time before the ceremony.

   I knocked on the door and waited for his respond, thankfully no one else was in the room with him so we're free to take our time before Elijah comes back.

   He looked as handsome as always, his jet black hair styled carefully since I couldn't notice any flaw with it nor a strand falling out of place. His ocean blue eyes were as bright as ever, they really stood out in the sunlight coming from his windows. His black suit was pressed and fit him like a glove, I know it was tailored just for him but the designer here at the castle really stood out this time.

   "I thought as the groom, I wasn't allowed to see you before the wedding." He joked giving me a small peck on my forehead, one that makes my entire body melt every time; I'll never get used to his touches or kisses.

   "Well you're not supposed to see your bride and I'm clearly not in a big white dress so you're good." I responded guiding him to one of the small couch.