𝘖𝘊𝘛𝘖

╭━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╮
is this that zero guy?
╰━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━━━✶━━━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━╯

𝘈𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"He's just through that corridor" The prison guard tells us in a thick german accent.

"All right. Give us a sec" Bucky replies.

The guard nods and leaves the three of us alone, the Barnes man turning to Sam and I.

"I'm gonna go in alone" Bucky states.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"Cause you're Avengers. You know how he feels about that" Bucky answers.

"I've never even met the guy. I was too busy trying to kill my sister when you had your little civil war" I argue.

"And it's not like you two were known for frolickin' in the sun together" Sam adds.

"He was obsessed with HYDRA. We have a history together. Trust me. I got it" Bucky declares before walking away from us, leaving no room for any objections.

"I don't trust him" I scowl in annoyance.

"You're just mad that he told you to stay here" Sam says in amusement.

"Well, no one ever tells me no! Who does he think he is?" I pout like a child and Sam just chuckles in response.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"What are you talking about?" Sam snaps as we walk through a dark warehouse.

"You want to break Zeno out of jail?" I frown in confusion.

"Zemo" Bucky corrects me and I glare at him.

"That's what I said" I scoff.

"Sure, doll" Bucky shakes his head.

"Where the hell are we, Buck? Have you lost your mind?" Sam continues to freak out.

"We have no leads, no moves, nothing" Bucky argues as I look around the darkness curiously while I wander behind the bickering duo.

"Yeah, what we have is one of the most dangerous men in the world behind bars" Sam counters.

"And we also have eight Super Soldiers that are loose" Bucky retorts.

"Look, Zemo's gonna mess with our minds. Especially yours. No offence" Sam states.

Bucky pulls down a lever and all the lights in the warehouse turn on, allowing the boys to turn their flashlights off.

"Offence" Bucky snaps "Super Soldiers go against everything he believes in. He is crazy, but he still has a code"

I smile a little as I lean against a pillar the statement reminding me of the times that i'd try to stand up for Loki when we were younger. My smile then fades into a frown, my heart aching in loss when I remember he's gone.

"I've been on the wrong side of that code, Buck, and so have you. He blew up the UN, he killed King T'Chaka and framed you for it. Did you forget that? You think the Wakandans forgot about it?" Sam exclaims "It's a rhetorical question. They didn't"

"I know why this matters to you, but...come on, it's pushing you off the deep end" He adds.

"Sam, we don't know how they're gettin' the serum. We don't even know how many of them there are" Bucky stresses.

Sam turns away from the man in frustration and I let out a sigh of annoyance at the fact they're arguing once again.

"Look, let me just walk you through a hypothetical. Can I walk you through a hypothetical?" Bucky questions.

"What did you do?" Sam demands.

"I didn't do anything" Bucky fires back.

"It kind of feels like you did something" I speak up.

"The weakest point in any system isn't the software, the hardware, it's the meatware. The human element" Bucky starts explaining "Now, in this lockup, it's nine to one, prisoners to guards. And if two prisoners start fighting, then the protocol says four guards have to respond"

"So why would two prisoners randomly start fighting at that moment?" Sam questions.

"Who knows? There could be many reasons..." Bucky drawls off.

"Not suspicious at all, Robocop" I say sarcastically and he shoots me a glare.

"The point is, these things escalate. Lockdown procedures would have to be initiated, and with all those bodies flying around left and right, wouldn't be hard to slip down a hallway or two" Bucky shrugs "And if the fire alarm got tripped while the prisoners were being separated...someone could use the chaos to their advantage"

"I don't like how casual you're bein' about this. This is unnatural. Are you- And where are we, man?" Sam snaps.

A door behind me opens and I turn around to see a man in a prison guards uniform.

"Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Hey, what are you doin' here?!" Sam yells, lunging forward.

"No, listen. I didn't wanna tell you cause I knew you wouldn't let this happen" Bucky protests, holding Sam back from the other man.

"What did you do?!" Sam shrieks.

"We need him" Bucky argues.

"Is this that Zero guy?" I ask in confusion.

"Zemo" The man corrects me.

"You're going back to prison!" Sam shouts at him.

"If I may..." Zemo starts.

"No!" Sam and Bucky snap in unison.

"Apologies" Zemo mumbles with a nod.

"When Steve refused to sign the Sokovia Accords, you backed him. You broke the law, and you stuck your neck out for me" Bucky reminds Sam "I'm asking you to do it again"

"I really think I'm invaluable" Zemo speaks up.

"Shut up" Sam warns him.

Sam looks at Bucky and let's out a defeated sigh, shaking his head.

"Okay. If we do this, you don't make a move without our permission" Sam tells Zemo.

"Fair" The other man nods.

"Okay, Zemo, where do we start?" Sam then asks.

"Finally" I groan.