Chapter 1

<Elizabeth’s P.O.V>

Oh. My. God. Caroline’s uncle works for both record companies, Syco and Sony. So since Christmas break has started we are going back home to London to be with our families for Christmas, Caroline’s parents want her to go help her uncle at the record company during our break. She wants me to go with her. Sounds lame, right? But it's not lame for a very specific reason. I am actually so excited for working during Christmas break because One Direction will be there the entire time! Yes One Direction .They have just finished their tour and are flying back to London soon! They will be in the same building as Caroline and I the entire time!  When we get to London we have to head to the studio immediately.

Right now I am sitting down on my bed writing in my diary when I should be packing. I get up and carefully put my diary down before locking it with the key that doubles as a charm on my necklace. I grab my favourite turquoise Ralph Lauren suitcase and start carefully arranging my clothes in my suitcase. Ok I have all my toiletries, clothes, shoes, winter stuff, accessories, presents and camera stuff all packed into my suitcase. A whole winter wardrobe packed into one suitcase with a whole load of other stuff. I guess I am pretty good at managing how much space I have.

I change into my TNA track pants, a blue oversized knit sweater and a black tank top. I pair it with my black Jimmy Choo ballet flats, a bunch of random bangles, silver hoops, and a gold heart shaped locket. I throw my hair into a high ponytail.

I decide to use my cute, mini Lulu Lemon dance bag as my carry on. I shove my laptop, cell phone, iPad, iPod, some books, random magazines, a hair brush, some scrunchies, my mini makeup bag and a change of clothes.  I look at myself in the mirror before grabbing my bag and heading down the stairs.

“Caroline?”

“Yea?”

“You ready?”

“Uh huh, what about you?”

“Yea, cute outfit.”

She is wearing blue light wash skinny jeggings, a pink half sleeve top, a flowy white cardigan and moccasin boots.

“Merci, yours is cute too babe.” I smile.

“Is the taxi here yet?”

“No, if it doesn’t come soon I am gonna sue somebody.”

“Nice.” I look out the window.

“Save your lawyers Caroline, the taxi’s here.”

“Ok then let’s go.”

We walk into the freezing cold New York air and into the warm, heated taxi. The driver puts our suitcases in the trunk before getting in the car.

“Where to ladies?”

“JFK airport please.”

“You got it, going on vacation?”

“No, just heading back home for the holidays.”

“That’s nice.” I smile and Caroline just sits there on her phone. She doesn’t like speaking to strangers.

I take out Crescendo, by Becca Fitzpatrick and start reading. The Hush Hush series is like one of my all-time fave series. Now let’s say I read for about 20 minutes before the car makes a sudden stop. My book flies out of my hands.

“What the fuck?”

I look outside the window to see the biggest traffic line up I have ever seen. I look at my watch. 3:20, our flight is in 75 minutes and we haven’t even got there yet. Then when we get there we are going to have to go through customs and that could take a very long time.