Chapter 8

I struggled in Lalna's grasp, screaming and biting at him. All the while Sjin has been laughing, talking about Lalna in something I couldn't understand over the sound of my struggling. Finally they shoved me in that god-forsaken cell. I could feel my lip bleeding, I turned around and looked at them, glaring.

Lalna pressed up against the magic barrier, smirking. "Hey science boy, hows those mages of yours doing?" I could feel the color drain from my face. They knew about Rythian. Rythian. Nano.

"You know. That apprentice of yours is quite useful." I blinked, Nano? "W-What are you talking about?" I said, unsure. Lalna glanced at Sjin, laughing softly. "Sjin you wanna explain while I go get our tools ready?" Sjin nodded and so Lalna walked away. I look at Sjin, scared.pre scared than when Rythian came to my castle.

"So anyways, about that apprentice. She's been giving us letters. In exchange we didn't come near her or you. But of course, as soon as Rythian came into the picture she changed. Her letters became more demanding. She wanted Rythian gone so you could be yours. So were using you as bait to get you magic boy."

I felt my face flush at the thought of Rythian. Rythian. Bait?! Nano. Everything was on my mind, my heart was racing as I felt myself back into a corner. I was scared, scared for Rythian. My...my Rythian.

"You leave Rythian alone. You can do whatever you want to me...but leave him alone! You don't know who he is or what he wants!!" I yelled, banging my fists against the magic barrier. Sjin was just smirking. Then I saw Lalna walking over with a sacrificial knife.

Oh no. Blood Magic.

~~~~~~~~

I trudged through the forest, Nano right behind me with Toturo(I think that's how you spell it?) her cat. I held my wand close to my side. I couldn't help but shake the feeling something was off as I climbed up a tree to see if I could find where this base was. I looked around the world, spotting a area of Blackrock made into a tower like structure.

"Nano! I think I see it!!" I say jumping down. She looks at me, "Really? Great!" I smiled, starting to walk toward the direction of Duncan.

Duncan. He's been on my mind recently. When he first saw me in his bed he didn't harm me. Just said hi, I punched him in the face. He was surprised when I had laughed. And I had felt something everytime he seemed to look at me with slight puzzlement. I guess he doesn't know I work yet. And I don't know how he works either. Were two different people...but that's the thing. We were the best of friends. Despite our differences we were very close...but then Zoey came along and...we drifted away. I guess that's why he was upset and very reserved. He's afraid of getting hurt again...hurt by-

"Rythian?" I snap out of my thoughts, looking at Nano. "S-Sorry. Just thinking." she smiles, "Well...quit thinking. Its time for doing. Where here."

I look up. I'm almost there Duncan. I'm almost there.