Chapter 05

"Sit back, I said." Taehyung growled, getting nothing more than a scoff in response from the younger male.

Jin shook his head, interrupting in between them for the sake of the house and it's members. Namjoon, too, just sighed and stood up, glaring at Jungkook and then at Taehyung. Both were being impulsive and stupid in his eyes, losing one member was driving them insane to the point where it looked like they didn't care about the others around them.

"I'll be out," Jungkook said, grabbing his jacket not really minding Taehyung's words which only angered the boy even more.

"Jeon Jungkook, stop this!" He yelled.

"What did I do?" Jungkook asked, looking at him through a subtle smirk lining his lips.

"You snitched" Taehyung glared at him.

"I snitched?" The younger arched his eyebrow, letting out a deep chuckle. "Just because I go out and breathe for an hour, I'm snitching on you? Did you really lose your mind or what?"

"You were out to meet Jimin!"

"Because you keep pushing me off limits." Jungkook gritted out, "He doesn't. Even after quitting, he still cares about you–"

"I don't wanna hear how great that guy is and shit. Just why would you go to him? Don't you have some self respect left in you? How can you even go back to someone who literally left you and told you not to go after him?" Taehyung hissed, massaging his temples.

Jungkook took a deep breath, glancing at the eldest, virtually telling him that he's going out and probably return when he's feeling okay. Jin nodded subtly, not having any other way to respond and saw Jungkook heading out the very next moment.

"He'll regret this." Taehyung muttered, "you all will too. You're letting him do this, you're letting him go and get himself hurt when Jimin's done playing another tug."

Silence fell, taking over the living room that was usually filled with laughing and bickering noises until a few weeks back. Jin sat down, holding his own hand, watching his dongsaengs struggling alone and picking up fights with each other, while the hyungs were in no position to do anything to make the situation better.

"Where's Yoongi?"

"In his studio, he said he won't be coming tonight." Hoseok replied, "Don't worry hyung, I'll talk to Tae. I'm sure he'll understand eventually..."

Jin nodded, seeing the rapper walking upstairs, maybe to Taehyung's room, but probably not yet as they knew he wouldn't talk to anyone right now thinking they're trying to favour Jungkook over him. Especially after seeing the letter Jimin posted.

__

"Hyung?" Jungkook spoke in airy voice, releasing a sigh from his mouth after taking a warm sip of coffee.

"I told you not to call me." He heard Jimin sighing on the line.

"...sorry," The boy said.

The line was quiet for a while but nobody hung up, knowing the silence wasn't heavy, but comforting. He heard Jimin sighing again and shuffled a bit, going to ask the same question once more, even though the answer, they both knew, would be the same. For some reason, Jungkook felt like giving up, he said nothing and waited for his hyung to go first.

"How's everyone?" Jimin asked softly after a while.

"Exactly the way you left them," Jungkook said, "they never stop talking crap, and it really annoys me."

"...tell me you didn't argue with anybody,"

"Taehyung started it," Jungkook scoffed.

"It's hyung to you," Jimin corrected.

"He doesn't act like one."

Jungkook stood up, walking past the couch and pushed the door to his balcony open, instantly being hit by a cool wind. He closed his eyes, trying to erase the memory of his hyungs arguing with him from his head.

"Jungkook, they're your hyungs and your members, you should respect them. Don't ruin your relationships with them for me. You don't have to react on everything people say about me. I know what I did has no excuse for it, and that's why I'm not even making one. I did something, and now I should take the responsibility of it. You don't have to worry, alright?"

Jungkook was staring at the ground, watching the cars and people looking small from the height where he stood, both metaphorically and physically.

"It must be feeling weird right?" He hushed out.

"What?" Jimin asked.

"All if this..." Jungkook said, "Quitting your job, moving out, having your friends against you even when you loved them so much, having so many armys going against you, and your personal reasons too..."

Jimin chuckled on the line, "Yeah, it's weird. Really weird actually. But it's fine, I'm learning the new ways of living, and it honestly feels better sometimes, staying away from the public eye and doing whatever I want."

"Hmm," Jungkook nodded, "I wonder if I can ever do that."

"Take an off maybe, visit your family, hangout with your friends."

"Nobody likes being a part of scandals, hyung." Jungkook chuckled.

"That sucks." Jimin agreed, "Anyways where are you right now?"

"My apartment."

"Are you not staying at the dorm?"

"I am, but I just needed some time alone. Jin hyung knows though." Jungkook answered, "Hyung, can we meet? Just for once, I swear I won't bring up anything stupid and I won't ask you any question."

"Jungkook I told you already, you're not allowed to see me, we can't meet like that. And even I don't wanna do anything that makes it hard for you there, I'm sure Taehyung won't like it."

"I don't care what he thinks, he's not being that understanding anyway."

Jimin took a moment before speaking again, hesitantly, he asked, "Can I ask you something Jungkook?"

"Sure,"

"Why do you still not hate me? After everything I did, you should be mad at me instead of sneakily trying to contact me."

"You know it too hyung, you're only person I can openly talk to. And about what you did, I beleive you must be having some really serious thing going on, or else you wouldn't have left us like that. I don't care what the others think, but for me you're still my hyung and I'm still your dongsaeng."

When Jungkook didn't hear a response even after finishing his words, he frowned glancing at his phone making sure the call was still going, "Hello? Hyung, you there?"

"Uh yeah," Jimin said, clearing his throat a bit.

"Jesus, don't tell me you're crying. Did I say something that emotional?"

"You're the only person who's having faith in me even when I, y'know betrayed you guys–"

"Geez! Are you going on twitter again? They keep talking shit, please don't believe it. I know it's hardest for you of all, so just stay stong. Talk to me and meet me maybe...?"

"I see where this is going again." Jimin chuckled.

"Then why don't you agree?" Jungkook said in a hopeful voice.

"...I'll think about it."

"Really?! Thanks hyung! Thanks a lot!"

"Keep it a secret though."

"Aye Aye Captain!"

_____________

a/n- hello! back with another update! please vote and comment if you liked the chapter ❤️❤️❤️❤️ stay safe, stay healthy and love yourself!✨