ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ.

The driver drove off with a wave, dropping the three in a shadowed alley close to the Agency

"What are we doing?" 

These words were asked quietly by Chuya to Akari, who was leading this mission of theirs.

"What are we doing, indeed?" mused Akari, putting a finger to her chin in thought. "On this vast earth, what are we, really? Made for beauty and pain, life and double suicide, humans are complex creatures. Some strive for excellence, some for evil, and yet some for ordinariness. And yet! We must carry on to the great goal of-"

"I meant the plan," said Chuya. 

Standing with a chilly expression, Akutagawa offered no words to the discussion. No one could really be sure, but he seemed slightly chillier than usual - perhaps due to the car ride?

Slightly saddened that her heroic speech had been interrupted, Akari said, "Oh, that. I was going to say triple suicide was the plan, the more the better. 

But-" she glanced at Akutagawa. "I had a feeling that Aku might kill me with a death glare. Not that that wouldn't be great, of course," she added. 

Seeing that Akutagawa was already pinning her with said death glare, she continued hastily. "Alright, here's the plan. Try not to faint from my genius!"

"I'll manage," came Chuya's and Akutagawa's voices in unison.

❦❦❦

"YOU ARE STUPID, DESPICABLE, AND MORE, OSAMU DAZAI!" raged Akari, glaring down at her brother from a rooftop. 

This was it. This was the plan. When Atsushi came out to see the city, most probably with Dazai, Akari would lead Dazai away. Chuya and Akutagawa would then jump the poor boy and capture him.

"Ehhhhhhh? Akari?" said Dazai, looking up with a small sigh.

Taking Atsushi by the arm, Dazai pulled him in a direction away from the girl

Taking Atsushi by the arm, Dazai pulled him in a direction away from the girl. "C'mon, Atsushi. There's a huge scary cockroach up there."

Atsushi sweatdropped and looked between the two. "Dazai-san.. do you know her?"