ᴏɴᴇ.

An angry brunette spins in her blue wheely-chair, cursing

An angry brunette spins in her blue wheely-chair, cursing. She's chewing on the top of a pen (rather aggresively, I might add), imagining that said top of pen is her brother's head. Meet Akari Dazai. "That tall twerp," she says angrily, evidently talking about the older Dazai. "I bet the Agency has a lot of detectives who'll do a double suicide with him. He better not have done a double suicide before me, the insolent frog!" 

Striding into the room, Chuya catches the end of this sentence. He smirks. "Is that the best insult you can think of? I have many others: the cockroach who won't die, Dazai the hated, waste of bandages number two-" he glances at Akari and states, "You're waste of bandages number one."

Seeing the new visitor, Akari's face brightens noticeably. Sparkles surround her face.

Hopping off her chair and sliding to his side, she begins slyly, "Chu, I'm your waste of bandages ~ Will you - "

"No." he says, anticipating her question.

"But I didn't even-"

"Ask for double suicide?"

"Well-"

From a corner of the room, Akutagawa speaks up darkly. "Shut it, you imbeciles. I'm trying to focus." 

Akari fake whispers to Chuya, "Like he's one to talk! He's writing in his How To Get Noticed By Senpai journal again. Never learns, does he?"

Akutagawa sends her a cold glare, hearing what she said quite clearly. "Dazai will notice me."

At this, a cheshire cat grin spreads across Akari's face. She flutters her eyelashes at him. "I am Dazai.. Double suicide with m-"

"Idiot, I'm talking about the better Dazai," Akutawaga grouses, before turning his back to her. He continues to scribble in his journal.

At this, Akari puts a hand to her heart with a gasp. She falls to the ground as if shot. At least, that would be less painful than the hurt of his words. On her back, she stares up at the ceiling blankly, murmuring, "I wanted death, but not something so painful.." 

Chuya nudges her head with his foot. Not without amusement, he says, "Oy, get up, you over-dramatic ass. The boss has a job for us."

With this, Akari perks up. Still on the floor, she asks if the job is about double suicide. She is kicked in the side unceremoniously by Chuya. 

❦❦❦

"BOSS!" Akari cries, running up to Mori and flinging her arms around his neck. The guards surrounding the powerful Mafia Boss flinch, expecting his fury at this casual touch. They keep their weapons at the ready, in case he gives the order to kill her.

Instead, Mori's lips curve in a small smile. "Akari," he says fondly, patting her head lightly. The two have a strange sort of father-daughter relationship. 

Chuya follows in her steps with a swagger in his step. He tips his hat to Mori. "Boss."

With a significantly less delighted tone, Mori acknowledges him. "Chuya."

In the surroundings, many sweatdrop at this blatant display of favoritism.

"So, what's the job?" chirps Akari.

"I'm sure you've heard of the Armed Detective Agency," Mori said.

Sobering up at the mention of the Agency, Akari responds, "Yes. It seems my brother has joined this agency."

Chuya scoffs at this. 

"Someone else has joined this agency. A user with the ability to turn into a tiger."

"And?" Akari inquires.

"Someone has placed a bounty of seven billion yen on him."

Akari gapes, eyes glowing and sparkly. Thoughts of how many new suicide ways she could attempt with even a quarter of that run through her head.

With a whistle, Chuya says quietly, "Damn."

Mori nods. "Yeah."

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter! If you did, please think of voting or commenting! <3 It encourages me to continue writing