School has just finished. He's there again, focusing on an all too familiar cover.

Dressed in an array of blue and yellow, it portrayed the story of a small star and a young boy. The star was given its very first task; to make a boy fall asleep. Excitement from the star quickly turned to worry when it realized the boy was unique from the rest. He was blind, so the star couldn't use its twinkling. He was deaf, so he couldn't hear its singing. Throughout the story, the star had to face many challenges just to get closer to the boy. The story took a turn when it met with another star who warned about a black hole, claiming it was okay to give up. Halfway, Stella's drowsiness won. Now she was determined to finish it overnight.

With another round of stolen glances from Stella, she finally realized the reason behind the invisible barrier surrounding the boy that always sat three seats apart from her. Something about those eyes. Eyes that she knew very well. Engrossed with every word. Enthralled with every turn of the page. She understood that moment of being absorbed by a well-written book.

At one point, however, she wondered when he might stop for at least a second. Wondered when he might look up and massage his tired eyes. Has he taken notice of the girl that always sat at the farthest left whenever it rained? Quickly, she shut those thoughts down. Not a single word exchanged between them. No hellos. No good byes. She doesn't even know his name, and he certainly doesn't know hers. Yet here she was, flustered.

How maddening, she mused.