A Drunken Mistake - I have never felt so content.

Okay I am determined to finish this story now.

So hopefully the next few updates will come quickly and Katy and Dylan's story can finally be finished.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Let me know what you guys all think!

"Just as there is no warning for childbirth, there is no preparation for the sight of a first child... There should be a song for women to sing at this moment, or a prayer to recite. But perhaps there is none because there are no words strong enough to name the moment."

Katy's POV

This hurts.

I'm not talking a little bit of a sting, or what it feels like when you stab your toe against your dresser. I'm talking Mike Tyson trying to box his way out of your womb agony.

I don't know how much longer I can do this.

"Well Katy, it looks like you're ready to go," Lucy the midwife tells me, "you're about to become a mum."

Here we go.

I'm about to become a mum.

I look over to Dylan to see excitement, clouded with a touch of fear, spreading across his face. I think my expression is mirroring his.

I'm terrified right about now. Not about being a mum, but about having to push this child out of me. This is going to hurt.

"Okay, we're going to take you down to the labour ward there and get you prepped and ready for delivery. Does that sound okay with you?" Lucy asks me.

"I guess it's too late to say no isn't it," I sigh as she starts to push my bed out of the room.

Dylan looks at me with confusion.

"You okay?" He asks, moving with me as we make our way down the corridor.

"Fine," I mumble as we get closer and closer to the maternity ward. I'm terrified.

What if I can't do this? What if it hurts too much?

"Tell me, what's wrong?" Dylan asks me, managing to read my mind like he always seems to be able to.

I look into his deep blue eyes, eyes I hope our child inherits, and prepare to tell him the truth.

"What if I'm not strong enough?" I murmur, unwilling tears falling from my eyes.

Just as I mention this, we reach the labour ward and enter the delivery room. The doctors start scrubbing up around us, preparing for me to give birth.

This is happening, this is real. I've been through some tough things in my life, I have been through a lot of pain, but I've never felt fear like I am now. Everything that's going to happen in the next hour is depending on my strength, my power, it's all up to me.

I just hope that I can do it.

"Look at me Katy," Dylan says, taking my hand gently in his, "you are the strongest person I know. If anyone can bring our child into this world, it's you. I have no doubt in my mind that you can do this, and you will. And I will spend the rest of my life being eternally grateful to you for giving me such an amazing gift."

That bring tears to my eyes. Dylan believes in me, I'll be damned if I'm about to let him down. I can do this, I can do it for him and for the tiny baby that is ready to breath in his or her first breathe. I can give life to our child, and I will.

"Okay Katy, I think we're just about ready to get you to start pushing. You ready?" Lucy asks me.

Am I ready?

I look at Dylan to see him smiling encouragingly at me.

I'm ready.

"Let's do this."

Lucy smiles at me before propping my legs up and covering my bottom half with sheet. Dylan decides that he's going to stay up by my head, a decision I fully support. He slowly leans in and kisses my hand before moving up to my forehead and placing another soft kiss there for me.

"I'm so proud of you, thank you," he whispers right before I'm struck with another contraction. These feel stronger than the ones before, like a weight is moving down my stomach, and I have the strongest urge to push.

So I do.

"Okay Katy, keep pushing for me, another 5 seconds.... And rest."

I'm already shattered. One contraction down, and I'm about ready to give up.

"The next contraction should be hitting in the next 30 seconds, be ready for it," lucy tells me.

I feel the contraction pushing me.

"30 seconds my ass," I bite out as I continue to push.

"You're doing so well Katy, come on just a little longer beautiful, you can do this," Dylan encourages me. I continue to push.

I feel a weight moving, moving, further and further down.

Just when I think I can't push anymore, that I can't manage this pain anymore, the weight leaves my body.

And a piercing cry breaks into the room. And tears fall from my eyes. And Dylan squeezes my hand.

And our baby is born.

"It's a boy."

It's a boy. We have a boy. A little beautiful amazing little son.

I'm in shock.

"We have a boy, a son Katy. Thank you, you're amazing thank you," Dylan says, tears falling from his eyes as he leans forwards and places a soft kiss on my lips.

"I can't believe I did it, we're parents Dylan," I sigh in wonder. We're parents.

He smiles gently at me as lucy brings our little boy, wrapped tightly in a blue blanket over to me. She places him gently in my arms and he's much lighter and smaller than I ever imagined. It's then that I finally get to me look at my son.

It's love at first sight.

Little blue eyes shine back at me as I look into the face of my baby, our son.

I will love this child with everything in me, I will give him the world. There will never be any doubt in his mind that he is loved and that he is wanted and that he is treasured. I will be dedicated to making sure that this little boy lives a happy and content life, so that when he's thirty and all grown up, he can smile at the memories we gave him.

And I know Dylan will do the same.

"I love you so much Katy." Dylan whispers as he gazes into the face of his son with love and wonder.

"I love you too, both of you."

I give my son a kiss on his forehead and then lean over and give the same to his daddy.

I have never felt so content.