A Drunken Mistake - Yeah. We are.

Hey guys. It's been a while huh?

Life has been beyond hetic now that I have officially left school and forced into facing the real world. Truth be told, I don't think I'll ever be ready to be an adult.

But anyway, here it is... The second to last chapter! It's been emotional guys and I can't quite believe that it's nearly over. I mean, it's been over 4 years!!

I really hope you enjoy and I'm so appreciative to all of you that have stuck it out with me until the very end. You guys are awesome.

Thank you.

Enjoy.

"You must remember, family is often born of blood, but it doesn't depend on blood. Nor is it exclusive of friendship. Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family."

Dylan's POV

I have a son.

He's the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Bundled up in a blanket as I hold him gently in my arms, I can't look away.

I'm a father.

That thought both excites and terrifies me. How this little boy turns out as an adult is all determined by the childhood we give him. By the way we love him.

I unconditionally and madly love him.

I will do my best by him, teach him everything there's to know about life. He will grow up surrounded by love, and hopefully siblings, and he will be happy. I will make sure of it.

Katy is lying on the hospital bed, wrapped up, sleeping away. The labour really took it out of her, not that I can blame her. I can't imagine the pain she went through to bring this little life into the world, but I will be thankful for the rest of my life that she managed to do it.

We now have a son.

Before she fell asleep, we were talking about what to name him. We came up with no ideas. He will have to live with this name for the rest of his life, we better make it good.

"Please be upstanding for the arrival of... The worlds best godparents."

Oh my god.

Standing by the hospital door, carrying mountains of balloons, flowers and stuffed bears, is Amy and Kyle.

I look up at them with shock and happiness, but press one finger to my lips, gesturing towards a sleeping Katy.

As quietly as they can with arms filled with gifts, they make their way into the room. I gently stand, trying not to make the baby stir and place him in his cot next to Katy's bed. Then I pull Kyle into a man hug.

"Dude, I have missed you," Kyle whispers into my ear. It's either to avoid waking Katy, or so that Amy doesn't hear him, but I'm grateful that he whispers.

"I've missed you too man," I whisper back.

Pulling away, I pull Amy into a hug too. It's only been a week, but man, have I missed these guys.

"So this is the baby huh? I'm guessing a boy" Kyle asks, leaning over the cot to get a better look at him.

"Yeah that's him, our little son."

"Aww," Amy coos as she stares at him, "he's such a cutie."

"He really is," Kyle sighs as he stares at them.

"So, what's the little guys name?" Amy asks as she places all the gifts by Katy's bed, trying to avoid waking her.

"We don't know, we can't think of anything. He has to live with this name, don't want to mess this up you know," I admit.

"Name him Kyle, it's a great name!" Kyle exclaims, a little too loudly.

Katy starts stirring in her bed as we watch in fear. When Katy was pregnant and napping, you would wake her up at your own risk. Katy was cranky with little sleep.

We all stand and hold our breathe as she slowly starts to open her eyes and take in her surroundings. She suddenly sits bolt upright and looks into the cot next to the bed, sighing in relief.

"He's okay, he's safe," I tell her, letting her relax before she takes in the arrival of our visitors.

Her eyes look from our son to me, before slowly panning across the room. Finally they land on amy, and she stares in confusion.

Maybe the pain relief from labour hasn't quite worn off yet.

"Amy? Kyle?" She asks.

"Hey girl," Amy smiles, moving closer to the bed.

It's then that it must finally click in her head.

"Holy crap! You're here! You're actually here!" Katy gushes, pulling Amy towards her into a monster hug.

"Of course I'm here," Amy reassures, "I had to come meet my godson, and congratulate the worlds hottest MILF," Amy jokes. For the first time all day, I hear Katy laugh.

"I'm so glad you're here," Katy sighs, "you too Kyle," she adds at the last minute, pulling him into the hug as well.

"I've missed you too Katy," Kyle laughs.

Right now, I don't think this picture could get much better. I've got everyone that I hold dear to me in this room.

"So I take it you've met our son," Katy says smiling down at the little bundle of joy.

"He's amazing," Amy gushes as she stares at him as he sleeps. We really need to name him now.

"Well Katy, have any ideas on what we should call this little guy?" I ask her joining Katy in smiling down on our son.

"I was thinking, but you have to tell me if you don't like it, okay? I was thinking, we could call him after my father, we could call him David?" She looks at me hopefully and I know in that instant how much this means to her. David Thompson. That has a certain ring to it.

"David, dave, baby davey, Dylan and David the dynamic duo. Yeah, I like it," I smile at her. Katy laughs at me as she reaches into the cot and holds David to her chest.

"Hello baby David," she cooes at him. He slowly opens his eyes at this. He accepts his name. I walk over to Katy, put my arm around her and give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Aw guys, look at you, you're a family," Amy gushes with tears in her eyes.

Yeah. We are.