Chapter 5

A/n: long chapter to compensate my absence hope you like it :)

“So are we going out for sure? It's tomorrow evening” Deepika announced, gathering the attention of her friends. It was Saturday thus they sat in the grass near the school's canteen. It was almost like a picnic. The weather was perfect too, not too sunny or cold. The slight breeze filled with smells of different foods surrounded them.

“Yeah, my parents said okay,” Priyanka confirmed, swallowing her food.

“We could go to the movies and then the gaming center underground,” she suggested.

“Our classes are only until 3 tomorrow. Some sort of celebration so we can go for the 5 o'clock show, it'll be over by 7:30 max and we could spare at least an hour at the gaming. It's not that big anyway” Aadhira explained.

“Sounds good. I already asked my parents for permission and they said yes. Let me confirm it again today, in case they've changed their minds. They're so unpredictable” Nyra announced, rolling her eyes.

”Alright, that's fine. You did ask like 5 days in advance, I'm sure they'll say yes.” Nyra shrugged.

“Anyway, how are we getting there? Priyanka and I will be coming together. Either my dad or her mom will drop us off” Deepika said.

“Aadhira and I will be dropped off by either of our parents if they're not busy. Or we'll just catch a bus” Ahaana affirmed. 

“You can reach on time right?” Priyanka asked and the duo nodded their heads, confirming their arrival.

“And Nyra's getting dropped off by your father?” Priyanka asked and the other girl nodded in confirmation.

Once the planning was perfected Ahaana, Aadhira and Priyanka grabbed their bags to go home since it was half day for them while the other two stayed back to finish lunch before going back to class.

---

Nyra dropped her bag off in her room and changed out of her uniform. She had to wait a few hours until her parents got home. They were both professors at the same university as Aadhira's mom but in different departments.

She passed time by staring at her notes while the music was blaring through the speakers. It wasn't too loud but loud enough for her to block the outside world.

The sound of her door opening pulled her out of her head and she turned the music off abruptly.

“Oh, hi ma” she greeted with a smile and her mother smiled back, before picking up some clothes off her floor.

“Clean your room Nyra, it looks so dirty” her mom chided and she rolled her eyes. Later. She thought.

“Ma, I am going out tomorrow right? I told you few days ago and you said yes”

“Where will you be going? I forgot” her mom asked, now leaning against the doorframe with her hand on her hips.

“Movies then games. It's right below the theatre”

“When will you come back?”

“8:30 to 9, I'm not sure. You can pick me from there. I'll call and tell if we finish early” she said but her mom frowned. The timing bothered her so she hesitated. But then, her daughter never asks to go out, she can let her this time.

“Fine. I'll drop you and pick you up” she said, shocking Nyra, who had expected her mom to worry about the timing and be all protective.

“Wait really? I can go?”