Chapter Three

Riley

In an alleyway beside our apartment building is where I saw him up-close first. I had seen him across the balcony in his apartment but never up-close.

This time when I saw him he was with a man and they were talking but all I could focus on was him. He looked so good and all I could think about was how to approach him.

I knew that I would see him later so I went up the stairs into my home. Pictures littered the walls, papers all over the floor and empty food cartons on every surface.

I put the groceries down from my visit to the supermarket and decided to make cookies to bring across the hall to him. It made me so excited thinking about it so I had to make them perfectly. I hear someone walking up the stairs and judging on the sound of the footsteps I knew it was him.

The cookies had 5 minutes left in the oven so I ran to freshen up and make sure I looked cute.

The oven went off in the middle of me putting my chapstick on so I ran to get them out so they could cool off and put them perfectly on the plate.

I grab the plate and head over to his apartment. I knock on the door and hear movement inside. Seconds later the door opens and he's looking down at me.

"Yes," he asks eyebrow raised. "I made these cookies for you, I realized that I had never actually spoken with you," I say looking down at the cookies now realizing that this might be a bad idea. He takes the plate from my hand and walks somewhere with it.

I felt silly just standing there so I turned to walk away but he called out. "Hey, wait". I turn around looking at him. "Thank you for the cookies, I'll be sure to bring the plate back," he says staring into my eyes.

"Oh don't worry about that you can keep the plate," I say and walk back to my apartment pleased with the outcome.