15

-

Jaehyun hated loud music and people that drunkenly tried to follow the lyrics, but ended up messing up. It got on his nerves when he even saw someone wobbling around, way too influenced by whatever they've drunk, that they couldn't even walk a straight line.

But, he was now standing at a table in a club, only drinking a juice, staring at the dance floor full of people who had way too much energy for their own good.

His face was slightly full of disgust, as he tapped on the glass of his beverage while he kept it close to his mouth. Sometimes looking at the watch on his wrists, he was getting more and more annoyed by each minute passed.

"Hey, hey!"

He finally heard the two voices of people he's been waiting for. Soon, they showed up in his view and both hugged him as a greeting.

"Hendery, Jungwoo," Jaehyun chuckled. "It's been way too long, hasn't it?"

"We haven't seen each other in ages!" one of them - Hendery - who was wearing a shirt with palms on it, exclaimed, running a hand through his dark brown long hair. His arm remained around Jaehyun's shoulders.

Jungwoo, on the other hand, pulled away and walked around the table to stand there. He was smiling brightly, showing off his pretty and soft looks.

"It's hard to find one date where we're all free, since we all either work or have college," he spoke with a sad tone, though his face remained positive. "I'm glad you called us here, is there a problem you want to share?"

"Is there?" Hendery asked too. His eyebrows went up to almost the centre of his forehead and he squinted. "Jungwoo and I will help! But, only if you buy us some drinks later!"

Jaehyun laughed. "Sure, sure... I'll buy you whatever you want, but, listen to me first. Jungwoo is right. I do have something I want to tell you two about."

"Spill," Hendery replied shortly, yanking his head upwards.

"You remember when we were in high school and...I had a boyfriend...?" Jaehyun started with a bit of hesitance coating his words.

The two stayed silent for a few moments, until Jungwoo exclaimed triumphantly: "Aaah, I remember! Taeyong! The one you kept blabbering about nonstop!"

"Oh!" Hendery reacted too. "The one you once skipped the whole school day for, 'cause he was sick, right?"

"Oh, yeah, that one," Jaehyun shyly, scratching the back of his head. "So, you remember him."

"Yeah, didn't you break up years ago? Why bring him up?" Jungwoo asked, his hand sinking deep into the bowl full of salted almonds Jaehyun had bought for himself as a snack.

"Well, he's back...I mean, I met him again."

"I can already see this won't end well..." Hendery sighed. "So you're like back together, or what's the problem."

"He still hates me for what happened at that one audition like five years ago..."

"And what about you?" Jungwoo asked with mouth full. "Do you hate him?"

"That's the problem here...The more I spend time with him, the more I realize I might still feel something towards him. But, I don't know if I should even try to get closer, if he really does hate me. I don't know if it's going to be worth it. I keep thinking, I might realize I don't even want him back. Then, all the energy put into it would be wasted," Jaehyun talked while his face got sadder and sadder and the tone in his voice more and more miserable.

Hendery and Jungwoo exchanged a bitter expression before both came up to their friend and patted his back as some kind of comfort.

"I don't know Jaehyun, it seems like a lost cause for me," Hendery said. "It's literally been years since you were dating. I don't think it's possible to feel any kind of love for someone after such a long time."

"Oh shush," Jungwoo hit Hendery's head, making the other yelp in pain. "I think you should still try and see if you still like him or not. It might take some time, but honestly...from what I remember, the happiest I've seen you was when you were with him. If there's a chance you might get that back, I'd go for it."

"I think so...?" Jaehyun whispered.

"Well, we helped I guess, so can you buy us drinks now?" Hendery giggled as he spoke, seeing Jaehyun break into a smile.

"Yeah, yeah, let's go to the bar."

The three stuck to one another as they made their way through the crowd, happy to see a few people leave at the same moment as they came, so they had just enough free chairs to sit on.

The amount of liquor at the bar was mesmerising as the LEDs attached above the bottles reflected colourful lights on them.

"Do they make Bloody Mary here?" Hendery asked and Jungwoo immediately responded with a fake gagging noise.

"If you order that, I'll shove it down your shirt," he threatened. "How about we go for something simpler? I feel like the bartenders have enough work as it is."

Jaehyun looked around the bar to see one of the bartenders mixing some drinks for customers on the far left and the other was...talking with someone.

He had to blink for a few times, making sure he's seeing correctly. It was Taeyong talking to the bartender. He was smiling sweetly at the worker, talking to him with rosy coloured cheeks.

"Are they flirting?" Jaehyun thought. "Maybe, they know each other. Are they friends or something? Should I go talk to him?"

"Hey Jaehyun."

Jungwoo's voice made him turn back at the two, seeing the bartender who was serving someone else before was now standing in front of them, probably waiting for their orders.

"We're getting margaritas, what do you want?" Hendery asked him.

"O-oh, I'll just have orange juice," Jaehyun stuttered a little bit. "With ice."

Jungwoo and Hendery talked while they were waiting for their drinks and Jaehyun just stared at the place where Taeyong sat before. He was now gone and the the bartender he spoke to continued with his work.

Jaehyun noticed how he kept glancing one way and after following his eyes, he noticed he must have been looking at the table where Taeyong stood at. He also saw Mark and Donghyuck, all of them hanging out.

"Here, two margaritas and orange juice, enjoy!"

Before the bartender could leave, Jaehyun stopped him again. "Can we also get six shots of vodka to that table?" he asked, pointing at the table where Taeyong was.

"Of course."

"What? Why?" both Hendery and Jungwoo asked in unison, but Jaehyun didn't answer them. He took his glass and started walking towards the tables, so the other two had no choice, but to follow him.

As Jaehyun got closer to his goal, he saw Donghyuck was the first one to notice him. After he said something, all three now stared at him with mild horror in their eyes.

"Hey guys," Jaehyun greeted them, trying to be as discreet as possible, putting on a small smile. "Can me and my friends join you?"

-

How are you doing today? ❤

- Sani