CHAPTER 9

AUBREE'S POV

We went to my father to look for a solution.  We reached the door and my mother greeted us.

"Merida, why are you here? Did something happen in the pack?" My mom asks her quickly.

"Mom we actually need to talk to dad. Do you know where he is?" I ask her.

"He is in his study, dear." She informs us.

We quickly head towards his study. We enter the office and see him working. I knock on the door lightly. He looks up and nods his head.

"Dad, this is- " I begin

"Merida. I know. But what happened" He interrupts.

"Actually, she is a lesbian and so her parents don't want her to stay with them and so she has nowhere to go. She has been in the pack garden since early morning," I inform him.

"You can stay in the pack house." Dad suggests.

"I would, but the pack house is full." Merida answers, scratching her neck.
This has been happening for a while. Many times some homophobic alphas even throw the members out of their pack, forcing them to become rogues. Sometimes they come to dad for help and he lets them in and stay in the pack house. I am glad my dad isn't a homophobic.

"Well, then you can stay here, in the guest room. You and Aubree can practice together in the morning. I think you two will get along well. Aubree you can show her the room and the house. Merida, please be comfortable." My dad says with a smile.

"Thank you so much alpha. I will be grateful forever." Merida says with a deep bow.

We exit from there and I show Merida her room and around the house.

"Your dad is really nice." She says, all of a sudden.

"Yeah he is." I agree.

"Can I ask you a question? It might sound crazy." She says, excited for some unknown reason. I nod.

"Why don't we paint our toenails?" she asks, all giddy with excitement.

"Sure, but why are you so excited?" I question, laughing at her excitement.

"Because I have always wanted to paint my toenails with my girl friend." She says now jumping with excitement.

"Wait, I am not your girlfriend. I already have a mate." I say getting a bit defensive.

"No, not that girlfriend. I mean girlfriend as in girl space friend. You know a girl who is your very good friend? Do you get that?" She explains me.

"Oh! I am so sorry. I misunderstood you. Anyway, let's do that. Let's paint our toenails." I say a bit embarrassed.

"Well, well, well, you are forgetting me. I cannot paint my toenails." Lucas says coming from behind us.

"Well, we can paint your toenails for you if you want." Merida says, smirking.

"No, I don't want my toenails to be painted. And who paints their toenails? Who is even going to see them?" Lucas argues with Merida.

"Who says we are painting our toenails for someone to see? It is a therapeutic process. It is a way to love yourself. If you don't want to paint your toenails, don't bother us." Merida takes my hand and we go to my room.

"How do you deal with the hate? What is it like?" I ask Merida while taking out nail polishes from the dressing table.

"I will paint your toenails first." Merida takes the polishes from me.

"There is definitely so much hate but you just have to train your brain that you don't have to get affected by it. They just don't understand the fact that I am a creation of moon goddess too. They think I am a disgrace." She says while painting my nails.

"That is so bad. You are really a very brave soul. You know that if you complain legally about your parents then it is possible to take action against them." I inform her.

"I know that but however they are my parents. I understand that it is hard for them to accept this. And before this, they have taken care of me for years." She explains me. I take polish from her and start painting her nails.

"I think you are hot." Merida suddenly blurts out.

"What?" I look at her confused.

"No, I mean you are like my sister. Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I am very outspoken. You are like my friend." She starts rambling

"No, it's absolutely fine. I understand you didn't mean it like that. Thanks by the way." I say laughing.

There is a soft knock on the door. I tell them to come in. My mom enters the room.

"Merida, honey, are you comfortable? Do you want anything?" My mom asks.

"No, Luna." Merida says bowing her head.

"No need to bow, honey." She tells Merida.

"Aubree, I came to tell you that I and your father are going to attend the Alpha Meeting. We will be gone for around 4 days. Will you be okay by yourself?" She asks me.

"Sure mom. I will be okay. You both should leave with no worries." I assure her.

"Take care of Merida too." She tell me and I nod.

She then leaves to start packing for the Alpha Meeting. It is the biggest meeting which all the alphas are supposed to attend. Many important decisions are made and allies are formed.

"Are you guys done painting your toenails?" Lucas asks barging in the room.

"Don't you know that there is a thing called knocking?" Merida asks him.
"Well, this is my mate's room. I don't need to knock here." He says mocking Merida.

"It is necessary to knock before you enter anyone's room. Those are basic good manners." Merida says.

"SHUT UP. Do you guys ever stop arguing? Why do you keep getting into arguments?" I say, exasperated.

"Ok but you know it's fun to argue with him." Merida laughs.

"We have 4 days to ourselves. We should go on a shopping spree." Merida squeals.

"No, we are going to dates. We haven't been to a date since we became mates." Lucas whines.

"Don't start an argument on this. We have 4 days, we can do both the things." I assure both of them.
The day ends with their endless arguments and we finally reach our rooms to have a peaceful night.