01

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚1. The Feeling is Mutual

❝I though you were pretty❞

I though you were pretty

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It hadn't taken Iwaizumi long to discover his mystery girl standing outside on the grass with a small crowd of people, chatting away. He stood frozen in place for a moment, planning out what he'd even say to this girl, or how he'd even wiggle his way into the group's conversation for that matter. He couldn't think of much without the outcome just being incredibly awkward.

While Iwaizumi stood deep in thought, the exact girl he thinking about to talking to spotted him standing by the wall staring off into space. Her lips curled into a smile as she felt her mind flutter with curiosity.

"You're like on a different planet there," the boy beside her remarked. The girl chuckled softly shaking off her thoughts swirling around in her mind to look up at him.
"Do you know who that is?" She questioned him, pointing her cup towards Iwaizumi who was still caught up in his own thoughts. The dark haired boy beside her followed to where the cup was pointing: "That's... Hajime Iwaizumi from the volleyball team," he remarked. The [h/c] girl hummed in reply.
"I'm going to go talk to him," she said suddenly.
"Y-you are?" Her friend asked with a shocked tone as if he was surprised by her actions. She nodded, walking backwards as she spoke, "yup, he seems kinda cute! See ya!"

*.☽ .*

"Is there something you've been wanting to say to me, or..?" The girl opened with once she stood before Iwaizumi. Caught off guard, Iwaizumi whipped his head around to spot the very girl he had been planing to talk to. She stood confidently though her posture seemed rather lazy, with her arms crossed and a causal smirk resting on her lips.

"What?" He finally replied, confused on what she had said. The girl raised an eyebrow and almost let out a chuckle.
"Well, you've followed me out the house and starred at me for a good ten minutes there..." she explained as she wandered towards the same wall Iwaizumi had been sitting on, resting her lower back against it. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were a stalker," she joked, darkly.
"Of course I'm not!" Iwaizumi quickly defended himself. The girl just let out a soft laugh.
"I know that," she answered coolly, "I'm only kidding, you know."
"Just incase," Iwaizumi mumbled and the girl just smiled at that.

"I'm [y/n] by the way," she spoke up once more, holding out a hand for him to shake.
"I'm Iwaizumi," he introduced himself back, talking her hand, shaking it softly.
"I've — uh — never seen you around before, do you go to our school?" Iwaizumi asked in attempt to start a conversation.
"Yup, I'm not the type to particularly stand out though so it's not surprising you didn't notice me," she answered. "You're on the volleyball team right? So everybody knows you," she observed, pointing a finger at Iwaizumi and narrowing her eyes.
"Yeah, I am, it's more our captain that stands out though..." he said, rubbing the back of his neck and thinking of his teammates, mainly Oikawa. That guy was the type to stand out and enjoy it.

"Oikawa!" [y/n] spoke her thoughts aloud as if she just remembered the volleyball captain's name.
"Yeah, that's the guy," Iwaizumi answered, though unsure if he had to or not.
"Yeah, my friend had this like massive crush on him in second year," she chuckled to herself.
"Didn't every girl have a crush on him?" Iwaizumi laughed long, "they crowd round him after matches all the time, I think that boosted his ego way too much for my liking."

[y/n]'s laughter died down as she began to speak again, leaning further back onto the wall. "Well, I'm kinda glad to say I've never had a crush on him," she remarked, proudly as she rested her head back on the wall, "makes me feel all different and individual" she joked, making speak marks with her fingers.
"Oh wow, don't let the fact that you didn't have a crush on a popular guy fuel your ego too much, you might end up with an ego like his," Iwaizumi joked, feeling more comfortable to do so now, she was easy to talk to (or maybe it was just the alcohol).

"Yeah, yeah," [y/n] chuckled to herself then moved her head up from looking down at her feet to now look at Iwaizumi. "You never told me why you where like staring at me like you wanted to say something before." Iwaizumi swallowed, he nervous again. "Do you want to say something?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. Did he? He had almost forgotten why he had been followed her out here in the first place. That's right. He thought she was pretty and Oikawa told her to go and talk her. Should he say that to her though? Isn't that kinda weird though?

"I though you were pretty." His eyes widened once he realised had just bluttered out his thoughts without noticing, even after having an intense argument in his mind on whether or not to do that. Damn alcohol makes you do stupid stuff.

[y/n] let out a snort causing Iwaizumi to blush even harder and look down at the ground to kick a small stone by his feet. Once [y/n] acknowledged his reaction, she immediately waved her hands in front of her face and began to explain herself in a slight panic. "Wait! I'm not laughing at you I swear!" She elaborated, "it's just the way you just blurted it out and stuff was cute and I think you're cute and—" she stopped talking for a moment and sighed. "Man, I sound cheesy," she laughed to herself, her cheeks tinted a very subtle pink. Iwaizumi looked up from the ground.
"You think I'm cute?" Iwaizumi asked, almost surprised. [y/n] smiled sweetly and nodded.
"Well, yeah, I guess so," she shrugged with a blush, fiddling with her hands and picking at her nails. Iwaizumi let out a very soft laugh and smiled back at her. "Glad that feelings kinda mutual at least," he remarked.

"Hey, [y/n]! Akari threw up in the bushes!" A boy from the crowd [y/n] was with previously yelled over to her. Iwaizumi almost chuckled at that fact he didn't seem to care at all that he might be embarrassing this Akari girl. "So we're all gonna leave now. You can stay if you want but you'll have to find another ride home!" The boy continued.

[y/n] let out a loud sigh. "Well, I guess that's my queue to go," she spoke, looking over to Iwaizumi.
"But hey!" The girl instantly perked up as she began to speak again, "gimme ur phone," she smirked, holding out her hand. Iwaizumi raised an eyebrow but quickly complied, pulling his phone out of his pocket and unlocking it. [y/n] happily typed away on his phone before passing back to it's owner. "You should call me sometime," she smiled before walking off without another word.

Iwaizumi smiled as he watched her leave through the back gate of the house until she was out of site. His eyes made their way down to his phone to see the new contact the girl had created;

[y/n] (that one cute girl you met at the one party)

Iwaizumi couldn't help but smile harder.